STAR TREK 2d20

Returning player - is there much CoC activity now?

I played CoC some years back, but the group I joined never really got off the ground.

I noticed at the time that there weren't really a lot of players for CoC, so went my way. I was just curious if things had picked up over the past few years.

My personal preference is to use text as it just gives me a better atmosphere - like reading a book in a way.

So, anyone running CoC games now?

Cheers

Blog Entries
    I think CoC, even more so than D&D, tends to be played among existing groups.
    About 2% of games played on FG (or any other platfom) are Call of Cthulhu (or similar) so its always going to take more effort to find a game.

Not only Call of Cthulhu is gaining in popularity in general, thanks to some streamed shows and right moves from Chaosium, but the ruleset in Fantasy Grounds is simply amazing. The experience can't be compared to anything else - it is immersive and damn good when it comes to quality of life for players and keepers.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hmm, so who's right lol?

Do people advertise for players Valyar, because I looked on the calendar and there was nothing at all for CoC or requests on the forum :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rogad View Post
    Hmm, so who's right lol?

Do people advertise for players Valyar, because I looked on the calendar and there was nothing at all for CoC or requests on the forum :/
    Both are I spoke in general for the game based on my observations and not solely focusing on the Fantasy Grounds' website calendar system and forums LFG. Those indeed are not very active and I personally organize my games on different channels and facebook groups (either the english global one or the local one I have) or discord servers.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I am in a group that plays every Monday - we may have an opening - PM me.

Thread Information