DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Map is all gray when loaded in FG. In File Explorer It's fine

I can see images just fine inside my campaign's "images" folder if I view them through File Explorer, but when I'm inside of FG, the images only show a gray background when viewing them as a GM or when sharing them to a player the player only sees gray as well. But the images that FG supplies (FG Batttlemaps) I can see okay. I think those are stored in a diff location though. Any way to get custom images and maps working in Unity version from my images folder?
    Last edited by Jingo; December 21st, 2019 at 22:24.

Yes. But first make sure that you are using .jpg files and that they are in RGB format and not CMYK format.

Open the FGData folder for Unity (click the small file icon top right of the start screen) and navigate to 'images'. Put any images you want to use in that folder. Then inside of the application click Assets>Images and scroll down that window and you'll see your images. Open the images and maps by clicking the big icon in the right hand side and drag the image you want into the window that opens from the assets.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for trying to help Zacchaeus. But wow, I just hit a really bad memory leak clicking Assets > Images after putting my images inside that folder. Maybe it was because I had some PNGs in there. My memory usage on FantasyGrounds.exe ballooned all the way to 99% in Task Manager and the entire computer froze up. I couldn't even move my mouse. I had to manually power off and on.

I cleared out everything and just put in a single .jpg and it behaved much better. It at least doesn't crash.

But dragging the image from Assets screen onto main Fantasy Grounds doesn't do anything. How do I open it in FG?
    Last edited by Jingo; December 21st, 2019 at 23:05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    Thanks for trying to help Zacchaeus. But Wow, I just hit a really bad memory leak clicking Assets > Images after putting my images inside that folder. My memory usage on FantasyGrounds.exe ballooned all the way to 99% in Task Manager and the entire computer froze up. I couldn't even move my mouse. I had to manually power off and on.

How do I know if a .jpg image is in RGB format?
    you will need to load it in a decent image editor

Aka gimp
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Thank you. Anyway, dragging the image from Assets screen onto main Fantasy Grounds doesn't do anything. How do I open it in FG? I assume these limitation will be corrected prior to official release? (I hope so).

Is there a chance we can download the image? That way we could verify the problem, or find a more appropriate answer.

(As a note, all the images I've put into the images folder are all color, I haven't seen this gray issue)

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    Thank you. Anyway, dragging the image from Assets screen onto main Fantasy Grounds doesn't do anything. How do I open it in FG? I assume these limitation will be corrected prior to official release? (I hope so).
    Are you trying to drag it onto the main FG desktop or onto a new image created from hitting the small plus button in the images tab? I just did this exact thing with tiles to make a new map and had no problems.

I was just trying to drag it onto the main desktop. That seemed the most straight forward way of adding the image. But I tried Davinci522's round-about suggestion to click the + image in the maps and select the image from assets and that did work. Thanks.

Thread Information