FG Spreadshirt Swag

PFRPG2 Ruleset and Core Rules DLC update November 26th, 2019

Release 11 of the ruleset has been made available via the FG update today. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mber-26th-2019

This also includes a minor data update for the Core Rules DLC - I haven't increased the versioning of the Core Rules module for these.

The ruleset has some bugfixes as listed in the Google sheets used for tracking issues: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DHg/edit#gid=0

The ruleset also contains some fixes/updates that require further details.

Fix for issue RS2.071 - Armor with Dex cap of 0 treats it as no dex cap

In order to maintain backwards compatibility with existing PCs and DLC, I kept this field as a number. A number field can't be blank, so I decided to implement the no dex cap of No Armor as entering it as 999 in the Core Rules DLC. This allows the 0 dex cap of full place to be implemented correctly.

I realise that this might mess up current PCs that have armor without a dex cap (recorded as 0 in the data), so I've added code that checks for a sub category of "Unarmored" and assumes a dex cap of 0 for unarmored armor is actually unlimited. Hopefully this will cover existing data correctly.

New functionality - Experimental feat automation

The ruleset now includes the initial experimental code for ability automation. This is currently limited to Feats and only for database field updates.

More information available in the Wiki -> User guides here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...2_Experimental Please read this page before looking into the functionality or asking questions!

The Core Rules DLC updated today has two feats that contain automation data - Toughness and Mountain's Stoutness. These adjust the per level HP modifier (introduced in release 10 of the ruleset) by +1 (and reduce it by -1 if the feat is removed) - the code allows stacking of the bonus. Note - there is currently no automation for the change in recovery check DCs as this functionality has not been implemented in the ruleset yet - these feats will be updated to modify the recovery check DC field when it is implemented.

This experimental functionality will be expanded over time - both in terms of data update/change functionality and the abilities it is applied to.

Note: This is intended for permanent adjustments. Temporary adjustments will come in a future release where effects will be able to be assigned to feats, abilities, items, etc. and applied only when the container record is active/equipped/used.

Issues?

As usual, please report any issues in the relevant thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eporting-links
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 26th, 2019 at 18:42.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I saw this update and was like. >> woo hoo! Trenloe is kicking ***!

Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    Frpg2?
    I literally just noticed that...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice work, Tren!

Is there any ETA for automations for relevant DCs and possible actions involving them? Like Athletics vs. Reflex/Fortitude DCs? Stealth vs Perception DC... and so on? IMHO, that will be a HUGE progress for the ruleset gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Is there any ETA for automations for relevant DCs and possible actions involving them? Like Athletics vs. Reflex/Fortitude DCs? Stealth vs Perception DC... and so on? IMHO, that will be a HUGE progress for the ruleset gameplay.
    No ETA. Yep, it will be a HUGE step forward. It's also a HUGE amount of design and coding...

Trenloe, this is a very elegant solution to a very challenging problem, sir. My virtual hat is off to you, and we very fortunate to have you at the helm of our ruleset.

Thread Information