DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Moving Perception

Perception is no longer a skill in Pathfinder 2, but it's location in the skills section on Fantasy Grounds has caused some confusion among my players about the fact. Even though I have repeated the fact, a player recently used a skill increase to improve perception. If it was moved to another location, we could prevent such confusion with players new to the edition. Perhaps it could be moved to the combat page instead?
    Last edited by Camellen; December 22nd, 2019 at 05:05.

I’ll look into it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Perception is a skill but has specific times it can be increased as listed in each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Perception is a skill but has specific times it can be increased as listed in each class.
    Actually no, it's not. It's not listed under skills, there is no mention of it being a skill anywhere in the book and every single spell and effect that gives bonuses to Perception and skills have both mentioned (Example: Ageless Patience You can voluntarily spend twice as much time as normal on a Perception check or skill check to gain a +2 circumstance bonus to that check. ). Even though it does work like most skills, so do other things like saving throws and they are not considered skills. If you get an spell that gives bonus to all you skill rolls, perception should not be increased.

Perception is different to skills. So far the PFRPG2 ruleset has treated it in a hybrid form, but ultimately as a skill - for example, effects for all skill checks will also affect perception checks. To completely disconnect Perception from skills would take quite a bit of code, and I need to consider exactly how I want to do that - and how this would impact all of the characters already created. I have some ideas, but it's not high on the priority list...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information