FG Spreadshirt Swag

Wild Druid Wildshapeing

THe Wild Druid I am DMing for just hit level 3 and can turn into something that is useful in combat. What is the best way to handle that in the Fantasy grounds system? Sorry if this is an obvious question, I am just trying to head off a problem before tomorrow nights game starts.

Honestabe: What I did is set up a character sheet for it. The Drag n Drop module I developed has some importable "forms" with predefined attacks for each subtype, AC, skills, etc. I know for people who use my Drag n Drop module, it has been a popular way to use different polymorphs.

Another option is to simply use EFFECTS: to adjust that character stats temporarily (IE: If the Druid is AC 21 and goes into Animal Form at 5th level, which is AC 22, add an AC: +1 effect for the length of the wild form). It is pretty easy to then add things like Cat Claws to the weapons table, etc., as well as +/- changes to skills and so forth.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Here's an image from the Drag n Drop file as an example to Animal Form (which Druids get with a heightened Wild Shape).

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

[MODERATOR COMMENT: The following linked product is for the D&D 5E ruleset and will not operate correctly with the PF2 ruleset. Please be aware before considering purchasing.]

Well... I ended up just making an extension and module to handle it automatically...

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/261...antasy-Grounds
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 24th, 2019 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablobob View Post
    Well... I ended up just making an extension and module to handle it automatically...

Why are you peddling your 5e extension in a Pathfinder 2 post?
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 24th, 2019 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    Why are you peddling your 5e extension in a Pathfinder 2 post?
    I wasn’t trying to peddle it, simply mention that there are alternatives if you are willing to put in effort... also there is a generic token swapper extension that works with PF2 that comes with it...

Just don’t feel as though you need to only do one method... if you don’t like the methods available, then pursue a different avenue... that’s all I was trying to point out... it could even be successful if you do it well enough...

Your extension pulls from the monster list according to its description, which is very different than how wildshape works in PF2. The token swapper could work, but the rest wouldn't
    In PF2 wildshape is based off of your level, which feats you have, and your stats and skills. It modifies most things rather than replacing them with monster stats.
    Last edited by kaernunnos; December 24th, 2019 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablobob View Post

Thanks for the information. But I feel that when posting links like this in future you should be very clear about what it is you're linking - this is a paid for extension that, as mentioned by others, is not for the PF2 ruleset. If someone is not familiar with DMs Guild (a lot of people aren't) it isn't clear from the page you link that the extension is for D&D 5E - it would be easy for someone to assume it is for PF2 (due to you posting in this thread) and pay money for something that won't work in PF2.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 24th, 2019 at 16:07.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information