FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Effect Removal?

Effect Removal?

Is there a new issue with removing effects from the combat tracker? It is no longer working in my version of FG (3.3.9). Nothing else loading - just vanilla FG.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Is there a new issue with removing effects from the combat tracker? It is no longer working in my version of FG (3.3.9). Nothing else loading - just vanilla FG.
    What rule set?
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Blog Entries
    No reports I've heard yet. But as asked, what ruleset? Also, are you the GM and trying to remove an effect? Or are you a player? Players can only remove effects they created themselves. If you didn't add it this session and logged in with a different name or have had PC ownership cleared etc then FG might not recognize you as the effects owner. Please tell us more

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thx. PFRPG and SFRPG. Environment is me in an owned campaign testing character builds. Never had any issues in the past. It's like remove isn't loading. For example, all the REMOVE: effects don't show the remove effect icon (red slash) and, of course, the remove effect shows up in the CT as a new effect. Also, FG is losing track of pc portrait icons. I restarted FG, reloaded pcs, reset the CT, reinstalled the .exe. I guess I could try reinstalling the rulesets. Just wondered if anyone else was seeing problems. Something is definitely going wrong. I noticed the problem occurring after testing a couple of starfinder effect bugs. So...maybe something happened there - don't know. I will try the ruleset refresh - maybe CoreRPG got hosed.

Edit: Replaced rulesets: Core, 3.5, PFRPG, SFRPG and that didn't fix it.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 24th, 2019 at 23:41.

Blog Entries
    As GM you don't need to use a "REMOVE" effect to remove an effect, just delete it from the CT.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As above, I am using the remove effect because I'm testing it from the character sheet. It's not about GMing. It's just my PC build campaign where I store characters. And, it's suddenly not working.

Is anyone else having this issue? Are you able to load a PC, put it in the tracker, apply and remove effects via the sheet, and are you seeing the remove effect icons (slashes) etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Is anyone else having this issue? Are you able to load a PC, put it in the tracker, apply and remove effects via the sheet, and are you seeing the remove effect icons (slashes) etc. ?
    For me the remove effect extension still works as expected (also together with many other extensions to see whether there is some possible incompatibility with another extension)

I just made a brand new PFRPG campaign (not a caching issue), uploaded the Mavaro/4 pregen I built recently (and was working) - still failed. I also tried connecting locally to my own game and that also didn't show the remove effects icons and just added the remove as another effect to the CT.

So...whatever is parsing the sheet on load for remove effects isn't working (or it would show the red slash icons for REMOVE: effects).

I guess I could try rebooting my PC. Maybe the starfinder effect bug stomped on memory (if it's not just a drawing bug, but rather a bad dereference, etc.).

Edit: Nope - reboot didn't matter. Still failing.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 25th, 2019 at 00:36.

I give up. After a lot of testing of various kinds with no luck, I downloaded the Remove Effect Tag, modified it to include the Starfinder ruleset, re-zipped it and that makes it work again in both PFRPG and SFRPG with the caveat that SFRPG does not show the red slash icon for REMOVE on the character sheet (but still works and does show it in the chat) -- and that may also be a problem in the built-in version.

But, the built-in FG remove functionality is not working. So, if anyone has any suggestions about why that might be, let me know, and I'll do some more testing.

If anyone else has this problem, the extension with the simple mod is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information