Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starfinder Ruleset 1.2.3 and Point Casting Spell Class...

I am not able to get the point-casting class on the spell tab to work in the Starfinder ruleset.

After I set everything up, clicking the button to the left of the point box does not increment the used points in the class header and nothing ends up in the chat. It appears to be disconnected.

I included a default cast so that it will print to the chat, but that doesn't increment the used points.

Is this a known problem? Has anyone tried it? Thx.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 24th, 2019 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    I am not able to get the point-casting class on the spell tab to work in the Starfinder ruleset.

After I set everything up, clicking the button to the left of the point box does not increment the used points in the class header and nothing ends up in the chat. It appears to be disconnected.

I included a default cast so that it will print to the chat, but that doesn't increment the used points.

Is this a known problem? Has anyone tried it? Thx.
    I will look to see what its doing. Just wondering what your setting up, all spell casters in Starfinder are spontionus spell casters.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I am using point casting to manage the resolve pool for channels - healing/harming undead. It is a typical use...but there are also other good uses -- any time there is a pool of resources to manage that refreshes with a rest.

You can see the issue in the Keskodai Pregen I posted last night to check it out. It definitely seems to not be working properly.

Prepared caster cantrips are also not working properly on the Spells tab. Only 1 cantrip shows in Combat mode and there is no way to activate others. It seems like an oversight. For example, I am using it to set up multiple spell gems, and Level 0 doesn't work. The workaround is to move them to the L1 spell section, activate the circle at the left in preparation mode, then move them back to the L0 section. Then, it works.

Where do I actually get the Starfinder ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Where do I actually get the Starfinder ruleset?
    It comes with the default rule sets for Fantasy Grounds.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Okay. The reason I asked is I tried making a blank Starfinder campaign. And there were no classes. No creatures. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Okay. The reason I asked is I tried making a blank Starfinder campaign. And there were no classes. No creatures. Nothing.
    Ok the Rule set comes with fantasy grounds, but the Starfinder Core Rule Book does not , That needs to be purchased in the Store.

It use to be that you had to buy SFRPG (it came with the Core Rule Book). but they have added the rule set to the list of default rule sets so developers can create extensions for the system. But the Core Reference Manual with all it data still needs to be purchased.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO7101FG
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

I looked for for the Starfinder core book in the store, but I can't find it. I'll keep trying.

Thread Information