Starfinder Playlist

Doors / Secret Door drawn using single lines

If I draw a door or a secret door using a single line (because the walls around them are also single lines), you cannot open and close the door. Is this intentional?

Blog Entries
    Yes. Doors need to be drawn as a closed polygon. The lines around them should also be drawn as closed polygons (in most cases). Yes it might be quicker to do things as single lines, but if you view Mr Z's LOS videos you will see why you need to do them as closed polygons.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The button to toggle a door should appear over the midpoint of the segment when you get within about a quarter grid of the blocker. Can you show me a screenshot of an example?

I did notice that door/terrain blockers don't show a shaded area when they are drawn like lines. They are assumed to be shaped. (i.e. even narrow wall doors have small rectangular region you can draw). I've added a task to eventually add some minimum shading in those cases.

Regards,
    JPG

Hmmm looks like it works now. Wasn't working a few days ago. Guess one of the updates seems to have fixed it. ;-)

Thread Information