DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Penetration Dice (HackMaster) Problem

While I am grateful for (and love) the penetration dice built-in (/die dXp), there is an error. In HackMaster, if a d20 penetrates, the next penetrating die is a d6, and not another d20. Is this an easy fix?

The general concept is there; but not the exceptions for specific die types. I'll have to think about the best way to implement; and add as a task to track for now.

Regards,
    JPG

I was looking for the answer to this and found this thread. I wanted to add that the d100 also doesn't penetrate with another d100.
    FYI, the full rules for Hack Master penetration are these:

“Throughout these rules, you’ll notice that many references to die rolls are annotated “dXp”. The ‘p’ suffix indicates that this die ‘penetrates.’ Should you roll the maximum value on this particular die, you may re-roll and add the result of the extra die, less one point, to the total (penetration can actually result in simply the maximum die value if a 1 is subsequently rolled, since any fool knows that 1-1=0). This process continues indefinitely as long as the die in question continues to come up maximum (but there’s always only a –1 subtracted from the extra die, even if it’s, say, the third die of penetration). Note that a d20p uses a d6p to compute additional penetration, while a d100p utilizes a d20p.”

Just for CYA, the above excerpt is Copyright Kenzer and Company Inc.

Thread Information