5E Character Create Playlist

Best way of running familiars, commpaniions, etc in FG

Whats the best way you guys and girls find running companions in FG? I primarily play Pathfinder 1 and 2 and I am finding the best way is to make up a NPC sheet for the character, turning the companion into a friendly creature in the combat tracker, then letting the player control it. The problem I am facing is with initiative. Is there anyway to "bind" one entity in the CT with another so they roll the same or does it have to manual every time?

You'll need to change the initiative manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You'll need to change the initiative manually.
    haha I was afraid of that. You being one of the more privy to knowledge or a better listener....do you think there is a way to add this type of functionality at some point?

It certainly could be done with an extension. In terms of adding it to a base ruleset, I may look at it in PFRPG2 somewhere way down the road for familiar and companion initiative, but it would really be better if implemented as an option in CoreRPG for use in all layered rulesets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It certainly could be done with an extension. In terms of adding it to a base ruleset, I may look at it in PFRPG2 somewhere way down the road for familiar and companion initiative, but it would really be better if implemented as an option in CoreRPG for use in all layered rulesets.
    Yeah I am sure there is a huge list of better time spent on something else! I really like to have everything in place like this and I was just hoping i was not missing some little setting somewhere to better control these things in the CT. Something else I always wanted was the ability to draw a shape (with both mouse buttons) and dragging that shape into a quick slot. That would be cool also. For frequently used spells, AOE's, etc.
    Last edited by KILLGORE; November 20th, 2019 at 03:49.

Blog Entries
    Given that companions tend to stay around a long time, I do them as a PC, and have the player then control two characters. But then as GM I manually edit the Initiative number.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thats what I am doing now, just wondering if there was a better way.

Thread Information