DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Encounter Table

Encounter Table

Is there a way for a table line to "detect" the number of PCs? Example would be 2 random encounters that calls for 2 times the number of PCs of one creature OR 3 times the number of PCs of a different creature. (The table rolls a 1d2.)

I thought I saw such a table in one of the recent modules but I can't remember which one.

You can use the $PC function in a random encounter to generate a number of beasties equal to a number times the number of PCs on the party sheet. So 2*$PC will give you 2 of that creature for each PC in the party. I don’t think the function works in tables though.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Nope. Don't work.

I was asking because there are a few random encounters in the random encounter tables in Tyranny of Dragons that depend on the number of PCs. The Mere of Dead Men Random Encounters specifically. Each of those encounters can be replaced with the #*$PC (# = number of creatures) in a random creature encounter generator. See attached jpg. Replace the left encounter with the right encounter. Encounter Test.jpg

Make sure you have the PCs on the party sheet.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eru the One; November 21st, 2019 at 20:23.

In the image I posted, the left encounter is the one already in the module. The encounter on the right is what I'm proposing to be the replacement for the one on the left.

Did you hit the Generate on the bottom to create the encounter? My bottom right is from ToD and the bottom left is what the Generate created.

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    Did you hit the Generate on the bottom to create the encounter? My bottom right is from ToD and the bottom left is what the Generate created.
    Thanks for mentioning. The Mere of Dead Men Encounters table mentions the number of creatures per PC. As you say, it would be nice to have this all rolled into the random encounter functionality. I'm sure Zacchaeus will pick this up and respond now that you've clarified the reason for your question in the original post.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Indeed. If you point me in the direction of such encounters in the bugs thread I can fix those. The $PC function wasn't available when that module was done.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information