DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: ScaleUI?

ScaleUI?

So I'm wanting to test this as much as I can but one big issue, I can only use it for maybe at the most 15 mins, this is due to the lack of scaleui, why do you ask? Its because everything being so crambed without Scaleui and that hurts my eyes after awhile, I don't have this issue in FGClassic due to being able to scale the UI.

Please add this or FGU is pointless to me for now.

Thanks! <3

On the known issues list...quite a few of us need it...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Until /scaleui is implemented, You can use Windows display scaling to get a similar effect.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Mar del Plata, Argentina (Half a year) Williamsburg, Florida, Us (The other half)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Until /scaleui is implemented, You can use Windows display scaling to get a similar effect.
    Please let me know when the ui scaling is implemented, tried to use the windows display scaling and made a complete mess on my work pc, it wasn't pretty hahahaha.

You can track progress yourself in the:

1. Known issues thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...st-Known-Items
    2. Updates Thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...aytest-Updates

It's FGU-327.
    Last edited by pollux; December 3rd, 2019 at 04:57. Reason: Add issue number

Mar del Plata, Argentina (Half a year) Williamsburg, Florida, Us (The other half)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    You can track progress yourself in the:

1. Known issues thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...st-Known-Items
    2. Updates Thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...aytest-Updates

It's FGU-327.
    Thanks! awesome, didn't know that, apreciate it a lot.

Here's a hack I've used to force just Fantasy Grounds Unity to upscale.

Open regedit.exe as an Administrator and navigate to the registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide.
    Right-click the right pane and choose NEW > DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    Type PreferExternalManifest, and then press ENTER.
    Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify.
    Enter Value Data 1 and select Decimal.
    Click OK. Exit Registry Editor.
    Next open notepad and paste the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

<dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity
    type="win32"
    name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
    version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="*"
    publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
    language="*">
    </assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity
    type="win32"
    name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
    version="9.0.21022.8"
    processorArchitecture="amd64"
    publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b">
    </assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
    <security>
    <requestedPrivileges>
    <requestedExecutionLevel
    level="asInvoker"
    uiAccess="false"/>
    </requestedPrivileges>
    </security>
    </trustInfo>

<asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="https://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
    <ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="https://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
    </asmv3:application>

</assembly>
    Save the file as "FantasyGrounds.exe.manifest" and place it in C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    Everyone should back up your registry before you edit it. What zombielord is suggesting is pretty safe on it's own, but the wrong changes to your registry file can cause your computer not to boot. Just make sure you take a backup and follow the instructions, don't "just wing it".

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LordEntrails what you said is very true. Don't just go into your registry and change things willy-nilly. I considered making a batch script installer, but I always feel it's best to see the changes if it's a quick-fix hack. (Easier for people to see and understand what's going on)
    Hopefully Fantasy Grounds will fix the scale issue in the software soon, but this makes it usable until then.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

I set my second monitor to a usable resolution and move The Unity over there. This is also a temporary fix until Scale UI works.
    Ultimate License: Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Timezone: Eastern (GMT -4)
    Play Time: Prefer 6 p.m. Eastern, or later
    Playing and GM: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition / D&D 5e
    Discord: vripley#8567
    youtube.com/c/vaughnripley

Thread Information