STAR TREK 2d20

Joining cloud-hosted game and graphical dice bug

I tried to see how the cloud join works, so I hosted a game and joined with a second copy of the client.
    • Graphical glitch with dice shadows on the desktop. Cannot be removed by any means, this is the client-view. The host view is ok. Screenshot attached.

Few annoyances, probably are already reported:
    • Load times are frustratingly slow from player perspective - there is no progress bar on the download state of the files, therefore the user is not aware what is going on. Also the client stopped responding for half a minute, then resumed. Some players will kill the program in the taskbar unless warned.
    • The host froze again when a client connected over the network, similar to the old classic client. And the freeze was longer ~10 seconds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

If you are going to try testing with players, I recommend doing simple map, sheet, dice play testing. Currently, players can not load modules which they do not have installed locally (FGU-731). As we mentioned before, the beta is not ready for live play for a number of reasons. We continue to work through items working towards this goal.

For the dice graphical glitch, it's the first I've heard of the issue. It's odd that the dice are right in the middle of the tabletop. Was this left over from a GM roll or a player roll? How wide is the GM chat window? Did the GM roll inside or outside the chat window?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For the dice graphical glitch, it's the first I've heard of the issue. It's odd that the dice are right in the middle of the tabletop. Was this left over from a GM roll or a player roll? How wide is the GM chat window? Did the GM roll inside or outside the chat window?
    I didn’t roll any dice. I was rolling dice before the client connected, then reset their position. Decided to see if there will be freeze in connect and launched second instance. The dice shadow was there.

I was rolling the dice in and out of the dice tray. The chat box was default size.

Just to clarify, you were making a bunch of rolls both in and outside the chat window, while a player was connecting. Is that correct?

If so, hopefully I'll be able to recreate using that information.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, I was rolling in and out of the chat window before and during the connect cycle.

Thread Information