FG Spreadshirt Swag

SW Setting Module/Extension

I am a developer in my profession and have recently decided to make a possible switch from D&D5E to SWADE since I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the 5E rules and their limitations.

What I am looking to do is create a module/extension that will encompass all the things I need to run my world/setting which I am converting from 5E. So this would include predefined powers, items with gp cost, character sheet adjustments, slightly different run rules etc.

I have not found anything that could lead me through something of this magnitude just yet only bits and pieces of what I would need like spells, feats etc... But I would want to make it all in one.

I am not familiar with LUA but I am not sure this would require much in the way of scripting tbh except for the custom run rules which I did find the functions that do that, so I just need to find a way to take the run die, reduce it by one step and add a flat +2 to the total. The only other thing would be to correct the armor calculation when arms, helm and legs are equipped and maybe adjust encumbrance and add coin weights (which I know have been done in other systems).

If anyone can point out where I can either piece all this together or if there is a comprehensive post on something of this magnitude I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Blog Entries
    I don't think their is any comprehensive set of instructions for such. As you can imagine, every such case is going to be pretty unique.

Their are various tutorials, written and in video format for writing extensions and even a ruleset. But I think their already is a SWADE ruleset isn't there? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=PEGFGSWADE

So is it just about converting your 5E campaign to a SWADE campaign?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

More of an override/overload of an existing ruleset for a setting. I suppose I could dig through Deadlands and Lankmar to find out what I might be able to do for that.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    Hi Slagmoth, SW ruleset is the easiest to build modules for, and you really don't need a lot of skills for it is you use Ikael's library extension for Savage Worlds.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hanced-Library

I have a couple dozen modules in the FG store built mostly using the enhanced library extension. If you need any tips on using it please feel free to ask here, or contact me, lots of people around here are more than helpful. And trust me, if this little old grandmother from the backwoods who lived through the "should we allow calculators in school debate" can do this stuff, anyone can.

I can read and should have before I posted
    Last edited by Slagmoth; November 26th, 2019 at 00:26.

Blog Entries
    The Enhanced Library extension works fine with the SWADE rules. The NPC Maker extension should as well, but I haven't used it with SWADE yet.
    Ultimate License Holder

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    I have used the NPC maker with SWADE Mortar, the jumpstarts I am working on now are all SWADE. It does require more editing, it tends to mush edges, equipment, powers and such together.

*I am going to correct myself here. I was playing around with it this morning, and if the NPC stat block is edited properly the NPC maker works perfectly with SWADE.
    Last edited by Ellspeth; November 26th, 2019 at 15:39.

Thread Information