DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Error trying to open modules

When I opened the campaign, no modules were loaded. Pressed the button in Library "Modules", got no further.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I'm not sure what that means. In general, we need a lot more detail for bug reports in order to reproduce the issue here. A high-level summary of the issue doesn't help us to figure out the issue. In fact, we need as much detail as possible, including specific steps and data to recreate. Try reviewing this post on posting issues:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-Problems

* Was this a FGC campaign that you were trying to open in FGU? Or is this a campaign that you created new in FGU?

* Why would modules be loaded in this campaign? Is this because it was a FGC campaign that had previously loaded modules? Or did you successfully open this campaign previously in FGU and had modules loaded?

* What ruleset was this campaign based on? Did you have any extensions loaded?

* What do you mean by the statement that "no modules were loaded"? Did you receive errors? Were you able to go to the Library and the modules didn't appear loaded?

* Which modules are missing? (Not all modules are available in the FGU patch system yet.)

* What do you mean by "pressed the button in Library Modules, got no further"? Does this mean you were able to load to the tabletop, and open the Library? Assuming you did and pressed the Modules button, what happened next? Were there errors? Did the app hang? How long did you wait? Do you have any custom modules installed?

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    You got no further because what happened? Did your computer start smoking? Did FGU close? What shows up in your console.log file? Is it repeatable?

Please see the How to Report... thread so that you can give enough information to help solve this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You got no further because what happened? Nothing Just Stuck
    Did your computer start smoking? No
    Did FGU close? Got a Window Window that asked me if I wanted to Close FGU
    What shows up in your console.log file? Nothing
    Is it repeatable? I will try and see

I attached Untitled.jpg.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

After click Untitled2.jpg. The mouse icon is spinning. 3-4 Min and crashed FGU.

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    That helps. What about the questions Moon asked?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

After It took few minutes to open a folder on my PC, I am rebooting the PC now.

Thank You!

Moon Wizard and LordEntrails thanks you for your patients,

* Was this a FGC campaign that you were trying to open in FGU? Or is this a campaign that you created new in FGU?

It was the portion of the campaign that loads. What I did notice before the crash is that when I pressed on the "NPC" and "STORY" buttons, stories and NPCs loaded relatively fast. This is the portion that was not exported in the FG Classic.

* Why would modules be loaded in this campaign?

No Modules are loaded at all, accept after FGU opened, I saw a few Stories loaded from the "1.0 Anlira" module, even though it was not loaded through the Library (i.e., no modules loaded ~ Using PFRPG).

Is this because it was a FGC campaign that had previously loaded modules?

Yes the FGC campaign all of these modules are loaded.

Or did you successfully open this campaign previously in FGU and had modules loaded?
    A week ago I could load other modules and this module "COTCT Story+.mod" that I created.

* What ruleset was this campaign based on? Did you have any extensions loaded?
    PFRPG and no extensions

* What do you mean by the statement that "no modules were loaded"? Did you receive errors? Were you able to go to the Library and the modules didn't appear loaded?

See above info reference crash.

* Which modules are missing? (Not all modules are available in the FGU patch system yet.)
    Untitled3.jpg to modules in the Module folder, never got to the part where I could try to load them.

* What do you mean by "pressed the button in Library Modules, got no further"? Does this mean you were able to load to the tabletop, and open the Library? Assuming you did and pressed the Modules button, what happened next? Were there errors? Did the app hang? How long did you wait? Do you have any custom modules installed?
    Yes ~ Crash - See above.

Hope this helps.

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    I'll let Moon follow up. But until he does, what happens if you try to open the module "COTCT Story+.mod" in a new campaign you created in FGU? I'm guessing the special character in the module file name is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'll let Moon follow up. But until he does, what happens if you try to open the module "COTCT Story+.mod" in a new campaign you created in FGU? I'm guessing the special character in the module file name is the problem
    I actually was able to find an earlier version of the campaign where I do not need that module. Re-copying the modules and campaigns from FGC and will try again. See if problem repeats.

Thank You!

Thread Information