5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Locked Door

I can't seem to make doors work at all. Every time I put a door into a map, it won't ever open.

Quote Originally Posted by ElzbethE View Post
    I can't seem to make doors work at all. Every time I put a door into a map, it won't ever open.
    Make sure you have a token on the map. You won’t see doors until there’s tokens.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In addition to what Zacchaeus said, make sure your doors are closed polygons (like a rectangle), not just a line.

Quote Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
    Would be nice if there was some kind of indication that a door is locked. For example, change hoover over color to red instead of blue. Right now, it is impossible for a GM to keep track of which doors are locked and not.
    Don't they display a lock icon on them on hover?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Don't they display a lock icon on them on hover?
    You’re answering a post that’s 2 years old
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You’re answering a post that’s 2 years old
    LOL rip. I was just reading the thread because I saw it updated and didnt see the starting part was so old.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    As a GM, you can press Shift while clicking on a door icon to toggle the lock state, instead of the open state. When locked, players can not change the open state, but the GM can.

Regards,
    JPG
    Any plans on setting up a lock DC setting for locked doors so that when setting up a map a GM can set the DC for locked doors/windows and not have to remember or search through campaign notes to find a specific DC for a specific lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhragyn View Post
    Any plans on setting up a lock DC setting for locked doors so that when setting up a map a GM can set the DC for locked doors/windows and not have to remember or search through campaign notes to find a specific DC for a specific lock?
    Can't you put a story link or pin next to the door?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhragyn View Post
    The devs do not generally talk about what their working on until it reaches the public beta stage. Given this is the first time I've heard of anyone asking this, I doubt it is on their roadmap. You can add it to the community's feature request Wish List here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@Moon - Can you also add the lock/unlock to hidden doors. I notice that the keyword also works as below (it shows a lock icon on the hidden door) but a shift click does nothing. It would be a nice safety feature for a GM from mistaken clicks.

Jason

<occluder>
    <id>4</id>
    <points>-190,29,-73,29,-73,50,-73,65,-190,65,-190,50</points>
    <toggleable />
    <locked />
    <hidden />
    <closed />
    </occluder>

Thread Information