DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Very cool, I had no idea you were adding an ISO grid to FG Unity!

Might be nice if the character portraits would rotate to indicate facing and simultaneously match the squished-diamond shape of the grid.

This makes me wonder if perhaps I can have my app export two things: the image without the near-facing walls, and also a same-sized overlay image containing only the near-facing walls, to act as an overlay that obscures tokens that move behind the walls.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heruca View Post
    Very cool, I had no idea you were adding an ISO grid to FG Unity!

Might be nice if the character portraits would rotate to indicate facing and simultaneously match the squished-diamond shape of the grid.

This makes me wonder if perhaps I can have my app export two things: the image without the near-facing walls, and also a same-sized overlay image containing only the near-facing walls, to act as an overlay that obscures tokens that move behind the walls.
    While FGU does support isometric grids, tokens are always drawn on top. Therefore, there is no support for drawing tokens behind other layers.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I was also in the first Mapforge kickstarter and frankly have never found a use for the product I received. The tool was klunky and buggy and to this day I still find it in the same state.

Perhaps I'm the one guy having the problem but I suspect not.

I hope for the best for the product but I'll wait till it's out this round.
    As Celestian, I supported Mapforge and before that Battlegrounds... both products seemed to struggle... Even in 2016 Battlegrounds Ultimate struggled to make pledges and was canceled with only 33% committed.

I wish Hurca success, but the software has a history of struggling.

Same here with mapforge - original Kickstarter supporter. Too many hoops and steps to install, cluncky interface, slow, buggy, gave up and stopped using.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I was also in the first Mapforge kickstarter and frankly have never found a use for the product I received. The tool was klunky and buggy and to this day I still find it in the same state.

Perhaps I'm the one guy having the problem but I suspect not.

I hope for the best for the product but I'll wait till it's out this round.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

Celestian and Lexfire, I'm shocked to hear that you haven't seen remarkable improvements in MapForge over the years, in speed, features, interface improvements, and bug fixes.

I'd be curious what to know what exactly you find clunky about the app. And if you're experiencing bugs, I'd love to know what they are, so I can fix them. If you need tech support, email me or get on the Tech Support channel of the MapForge Discord server and I'll help you out.

I've actually been floored by the number of people who pledged for EVERYTHING in the original MapForge campaign and have once again pledged for EVERYTHING in the current campaign. They clearly seem to be much happier with the software than some other people.

UPDATE:

The MapForge Isometric Kickstarter campaign has funded!

Not only that, but two Stretch Goals have already been unlocked, and a third is tantalizingly close.

If the campaign reaches $7600 in funding (just $462 more), that will mean three free isometric content Add-Ons for everyone. It looks like maybe 15-20 more backers would do the trick. The campaign is now in its final 24 hours.

Good to hear Heruca, I wish you success.

Thanks. All 3 Stretch Goals have been unlocked. The campaign ends in less than 3 hours, and pledging even $1 gets you FOUR free isometric mapping Add-Ons, which you can use even without a MapForge license.

Congrats on getting funded.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

This may be totally off the subject or impossible, but thinking about 3D and isometric maps, a number of years ago there was a game called Neverwinter Nights. With it was released a module development set of tools that was called, I believe, the Aurora Tool set. I'm sure it's probably not compatible now days with Unity, but in that set it was (relatively) easy to produce a 3D map that was smooth. . . and the characters interacted in the world in 3D. I spent some time and was able to produce a town and surrounding countryside, etc. (after some significant difficulty learning a bit of the scripting, etc.). I thought the Aurora toolset was public domain. . . or at least open to those who owned NWN. It seemed pretty powerful for it's time. Was just thinking if it's fairly open source and worked, it would be great if something like that could be a start or jumping off point. . . sometime way in the future. . . for moving to a full 3D VTT. Probably VERY wishful thinking but I thought I'd throw it out there. . .

Thread Information