Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Isometric map-making software in the works

I'm running a Kickstarter campaign to add isometric mapping capability to my MapForge map-making software, and to produce lots of isometric content Add-Ons for use in the software.

But I'm having a lot of trouble getting the project funded, despite the fairly modest funding goal, and only 6 days remain in the campaign.

If isometric mapping sounds like something that would interest you, please check out the campaign.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

Props to Heruca and Mapforge. I was in the original Kickstarter and have fun with it plus there is an active discord channel with quick replies to help or questions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heruca View Post
    I'm running a Kickstarter campaign to add isometric mapping capability to my MapForge map-making software, and to produce lots of isometric content Add-Ons for use in the software.

But I'm having a lot of trouble getting the project funded, despite the fairly modest funding goal, and only 6 days remain in the campaign.

If isometric mapping sounds like something that would interest you, please check out the campaign.
    Hey heruca,

Can you export a sample map created from this and then attach it here? If we can get some folks to test it in FGU, that might help bring over some more potential backers for you.

I'll see what I can do, ddavison. I only have one of these content Add-Ons ported so far. What resolution would you prefer? By that, I mean how many pixels per grid square across?

Blog Entries
    Something around 100 pixels width probably work for people to play around with.

Here are some samples from the "Isometric Farm & Exteriors" Add-On, which is still a work in progress (you'll note that some tiles don't line up pixel-perfect, yet).

Let me know of the two which works better in FG.

I saved both samples as JPGs rather than PNGs, in case file size is a consideration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry that the maps are so small, by the way. I don't have time right now to make something bigger.

Blog Entries
    No problem. We have a few issues to work out in Fantasy Grounds Unity still, but it somewhat works. The map looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Valacar View Post
    Props to Heruca and Mapforge. I was in the original Kickstarter and have fun with it plus there is an active discord channel with quick replies to help or questions.
    I was also in the first Mapforge kickstarter and frankly have never found a use for the product I received. The tool was klunky and buggy and to this day I still find it in the same state.

Perhaps I'm the one guy having the problem but I suspect not.

I hope for the best for the product but I'll wait till it's out this round.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information