STAR TREK 2d20

Migrating licenses from FG to FGU

Not a backer of the Unity version and can't find answers to this question anywhere.

If I buy a license for FG now, would I be able to migrate that license to FGU later?

You'd have to purchase an upgrade to FGU when it's released. They have not announced upgrade pricing yet.

From what I have read it will probably be cheaper to pay for 2 months of sub and then buy FGU rather than buying FG now and upgrading in January(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
    From what I have read it will probably be cheaper to pay for 2 months of sub and then buy FGU rather than buying FG now and upgrading in January(?).
    Perhaps, but then you will lose access to FGC when your sub ends, but FGC will still be useful for some time. I suspect some groups will not move to FGU on day 1. Note that any content/DLC you buy for FGC will come over to FGU.

Blog Entries
    There is also no guarantee that it will be ready in 2 months.
    It is very likely that there will be some upgrade option that do offer discounts.
    It is hard to give solid advice as we really dont know a) when the product will be released and b) what upgrade options SmiteWorks have planned...
    Sorry...

Yes its tricky but IIRC the upgrade terms for FGC to FGU are meant to be not better than that was offered to kickstarter backers. So quite possibly $60 for the Ultimate upgrade.

Although the point on not being able to access FGC is a good point if you go for a sub rather than buying FG (Ultimate).

It is my understanding that FGC and FGU are two separate products, and have two separate licenses. There may a discount on the FGU license as a reward for having a FGC license (as the kickstarter did), but there wont be any "migration" between the two.

In other words, FGU is a new and better product, not an "upgrade" for the existing FGC. It is WAY cool that existing content will interchange though.
    Last edited by Dtoad; November 18th, 2019 at 00:44.

Thread Information