FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Starship Assignment and Action Extension

Installing
    To use this extension, download the attached file. Then, you will need to put it in your "extensions" subfolder under the FG data folder (accessible via the folder icon on the launch screen). Next, after you select your campaign and before you click Start, select this extension in the Extensions list for your campaign.

Overview
    Dominic has been busy toiling away in the background working on a new extension to be used with Starfinder to begin getting starships more functional. While there is plenty more to do, this extension will allow you to try out one of the functionality features we are planning to add soon.

In order for any sort of combat and general play to be automated, we first needed a way to assign PCs as officers to PC ships, and be able to allow actions based on those assignments to be available on both the PC ship (shows all actions; for GMs) and on the character sheet (by assigned role; for players).

Features
    • To set ship up for assignments, drag PC ships to new Fleet tab on Party Sheet.
    • To make assignment, drag PC to an assignment box on the newly created PC ship entry on the Fleet tab.
    • To use PC actions, go to new Ships tab on PC sheet. Then, click on the button on the right side of your ship assignment to see possible actions.
    • To use PC ship actions (for GMs), go to the updated Crew tab on PC ship sheet. Then, click on the button on the right side of the crew assignment to see possible actions.

Feedback
    Please let us know what you think of the feature, as well as how we can improve. We're planning to make minor improvements prior to incorporation into the ruleset over the next few weeks. We plan to keep functional changes fairly minor, if possible, so we can focus on getting a basic ship combat tracker in place after that.

Regards,
    JPG

[v1.0.1] - Added sName declaration to charship_crew.lua 42
    [v1.0.2] - Fixed hard coded DCs for actions DataCommon
    [v1.0.3] - Made changes to Science Officer help text. Arranged Partysheet labels to align correctly with fields.
    [v1.0.4] - Cleared error when trying to get Token value (Changed getDatabaseNode to getValue)
    [v1.0.5] - Changed Roll outputs to show Action name
    [v1.0.6] - Fixed one of my mistakes this time. Changed over v's to w's and looks like one of them didn't replace.
    [v1.0.7] - Added the ability for the Character ship to track pilot modifiers to the ship. Adding a PC to the role of Pilot will add their ranks to the AC and TL.
    [v1.0.8] - Removed drop code for character sheet to PC Ships. Not intended process to add crew to ship. The process would be to drag the ship to the partysheet and then add crew to the role boxes on the partysheet.

We will leave this extension up if you wish to use it without the additional new features provided in the the stickied post above with both extensions combined. Please continue providing feed back related to this extension here or the other sticky thread to it's functionality.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by superteddy57; December 16th, 2019 at 20:40. Reason: Updating file with fix to error and notating changes

This looks great. I am seeing some errors though, when I open the ship sheet after assigning roles, I see this error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/charship_crew.lua"]:43: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/charship_crew.lua"]:43: attempt to index a nil value
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (maneuverability) in windowclass (ps_starshipmainitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label11) in windowclass (charsheet_actions_starship)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label12) in windowclass (charsheet_actions_starship)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label11) in windowclass (charsheet_actions_starship)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label12) in windowclass (charsheet_actions_starship)

This may be because I threw the character and ship together quickly for testing

Thanks for the find. I'm not able to replicate it on my end, but I think it might be due to sName not being declared. I've added a declaration and see if that will eliminate the error for you. If not, I will need more information.

***UPDATED First Post with file***
    Last edited by superteddy57; November 16th, 2019 at 10:45. Reason: Updated first post with file

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Thanks for the find. I'm not able to replicate it on my end, but I think it might be due to sName not being declared. I've added a declaration and see if that will eliminate the error for you. If not, I will need more information.
    Yes, that has fixed the issue I was seeing

Super! Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Great work

I saw that the DC are incorrect

Example, Captain action Encourage should be dc 15 for diplomacy and dc 10 for the rest. on the tier 10 ship I created the DC is 35

From Paizo :
    "Captain Actions
    For the demand action, the DC of the Intimidate check equals 15 + 1-1/2 times your starship's tier.
    For the encourage action, the DC of the Diplomacy check is 15; the DC for checks using other skills remains 10.
    For the taunt action, the DC of the Bluff or Intimidate check equals 15 + 1-1/2 times the enemy starship's tier.
    For the orders action, the DC of the check equals 15 + 1-1/2 times your starship's tier.
    For the moving speech action, the DC of the Diplomacy check equals 20 + 1-1/2 times your starship's tier."

Also here is the link on the forum with the correct value which came in the FAQ.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...by-Paizo-(FAQ)

The rest is awesome, thank again
    Last edited by Dyark; November 16th, 2019 at 15:28. Reason: Added link to forums
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Sorry to see that. I adjusted the DCs to the forumlas presented in the link. Let me know if the new version does the trick.

Thank you! Will be trying this out tonight.

If you have a stream and plan on using this, please let me know either on discord or here. I'd like to see how your player interact with it.

Thread Information