STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Having tested this I can now replicate it. Steps to replicate

1) Open FG Classic and open two modules
    2) Open a map from module 1 and story entries from module 2
    3) Drag a couple of stories into the map and create pins
    4) Save the campaign and then copy the moduldb.xml file from Classic and add it to a campaign in Unity
    5) Load Unity and open both modules then open the map that you pinned. The map is blank (and I saw no pins)

As far as I can see the pin data is all correct in the moduledb file but the file does not contain all of the other information (of course) that Unity requires such as the layers info. Reverting changes in Unity brings the map back but of course removes the pin data.

So it looks like moduledb files are not 'forward compatible' at the moment. I have actually seen this as part of the problem of importing Classic campaigns into Unity. All sorts of image issues are apparent if the moduledb file is not first deleted once copied over into Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I know the waterdeep module where this is from. As you stated, the XML for these extra pins was provided by the module author. It was not created within FG nor gone thorugh any conversion process I can see. The xml would need to be redone by that author to get the functionality in FGU.
    I am the author of the module. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get all features of the module to work in FGU for the people who bought it on DMsGuild.

I am happy to fix this if it is jus an issue with my module. I guess I will start looking into programming some thing that migrates the xml over. The layers seem easy enough it is the translation of the x and y value to the matrix I need to figure out.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

I think the map pins are still just x,y. I’ve not actually pinned a map in Unity yet, but if you open a map in Unity that has pins on it and edit it slightly then look at the moduledb, you’ll see all the pins there. The marptrix info is for layers as far as I know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrh18 View Post
    It should be in the zip file that you download from DMsGuild. Since it is part of the DMsGuild I am technically not allowed to distribute it other than through someone buying the item or me gifting it to them through Dms Guild.
    Sounds like I need to go re-download. I think I bought it the first day you posted it. Anyway, makes your module even better!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hmm i can see this being a significant pain point for users who have been running a custom campaign for years seeking to move from Classic to Unity and all of the pins they have painstakingly added manually over the years then break the map images. I hope this gets some priority to get looked at resolving, or a script to convert legacy xml to Unity xmls can be developed

Is there any update on this issue? I'm not expecting this to be a main priority fix, but is it on a road map?

There was an update on Nov. 29, and again yesterday, to deal with a couple issues with loading FGC campaign image records.

Can you copy over the FGC campaign again from the FGC data folder to the FGU data folder, and let me know if you're still having an issue?
    If still an issue, can you get me a copy of the FGC campaign files (via DropBox or Google Drive), and provide me some idea of specific records with issues?

Thanks,
    JPG

Sorry for the delay. Recovering from surgery.

It actually looks like its working now!

I can verify that I have gotten the pins to work on this module in FGU. I do need to publish a new version of the content to DMS Guild and the module and pins should work.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

Thread Information