5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

DnD 5e Data module activation loading not working on player side

Hey guys, so we have a game where we are trying to load different modules such as xanathar's or SCAG, and when I go to load the module in the data module activation I hit load, it says its loaded, but does not load the file. I close the box and when I reopen it it shows the file was not loaded.

Now I know that the DM has the file and it is shared with us, so that's not the problem. Also I am not the only one with this issue, most of the players have the same issue but with different modules. Any help is appreciated.

Give it time to download from the DM and then open. The amount of time to open depends on many different things: the GMs upload speed, their computer power, the GM current activity, your own download speed and computer power, etc.. On my low-spec test PC it can take 10 minutes or more - but hopefully yours will be less.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When you click the load button the file starts to download from the DM. This can take a while depending on network connections and number of players doing the same thing. How long did you give it before checking that the module doesn't show up in your library? (Also I assume that what the DM shared was just the players modules).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I understand that it can take some time, and the first time we did this several weeks ago, there were issues in downloading the modules. We had to each login at separate times to not bog stuff down. But that was weeks ago, and since people have jumped on at various times for several hours at a time just to get all the modules. So I would have thought by now it would have downloaded depending on the number of times and for how long I logged in. I supposed I can let it sit all day at one point on the game to see. But im not the only one in our group with this issue, almost all of us have had issues with it.

After clicking the load button, I probably waited 1 or 2 min before closing the data module activation box as typically it isnt an issue with some of the other modules. I can let it sit on that for some time I suppose see if it works. And yes they are the players modules, and each are shared with us, verified with the DM.

Please try it with just you connected to the GM and just open one module - then wait. Don't touch the load button again, or try to load another module.

After clicking the load button once, look in your <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name> directory and see if a .tmp or .dat file with the name of the module is slowly downloading.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I tried to let it sit for a bit, and it is still sitting currently (trying to load the dmg - players module) I dont see anything really downloading in the game folder. It's not like the button is getting hung up, Like if I load the players handbook, it stops for a few seconds while it loads the file. That is not happening. As soon as i click the button it shows that I can unload it, but it never appears in my list. we are currently on 15 min of not touching it. So i think there is some other issue.

Do you see the file that Trenloe mentions above increasing or is it static?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It is static at 20kb.

Please provide a screenshot of your <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name> directory after you've clicked the "Load" button for the DMG player module.

Do you own the FG DMG product yourself? If so, is it installed locally.

Do you own the FG PHB product yourself? If you do, and you don't own the DMG, then this will explain the difference between pressing the Load button for the PHB and pressing the Load button for the DMG player guide.

Oh, and ask your GM what ISP they use. If it's AT&T then it's more than likely that their router has flood protection enabled and is blocking uploads beyond a certain point. This has been reported for quite a few people now.

Thread Information