Starfinder Playlist

Line of Site Editor - No Vertex Snap

Sometimes I get no snapping between vertices in the line of site editor. It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't observed a pattern in when it does or doesn't, but I'm attaching a gif showing how it looks when it does happen, and a moduledb XML for the FG Battlemaps where it happens to be on the third map in the module.

(This is the same moduledb file I posted in a thread a minute ago, but I wanted to keep the discussions for the separate issues separate, and the reports self-contained... so I'm re-attaching it here)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

It isn't absolutely clear but it looks like you've gone outside the map window altogether?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As Zacchaeus said, when you go outside the actual image, the snap stop working. I think that is because everything outside any image is not considered part of the map, hence no map specific functionality.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-714.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It isn't absolutely clear but it looks like you've gone outside the map window altogether?
    Quote Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
    ...when you go outside the actual image, the snap stop working.
    When Zacchaeus says map "window", I think of the viewport which has a title bar of "Battlemap_Cave03". I am not outside of that, the LoS editor only exists within that viewport and one cannot place vertices outside of the viewport. However, within the viewport I AM outside of the bounds of the image. I have zoomed and panned the map such that there is image-data being displayed off to the right and to the left where my problem vertices are, FGU is displaying some background color and we are outside the bounds of the map image, itself.

And I can confirm that snap starts working again when I move my vertices back inside the bounds of the image.

I swear I had encountered this before inside the image, but it was with an old build that had many other LoS editor problems and maybe that's been fixed. I'll report back if I'm able to repro this within the bounds of an image, and if I don't pop up in this thread again it's safe to assume that I'm only able to repro snapping issues for "out of bounds" vertices.

Also, I assume that out-of-bound vertices are supposed to be kosher. Given the behavior of the viewport (it allowing you to scroll, view, and add vertices out of bounds) setting LoS vertices a few pixels out of bounds seems like an intuitive way to ensure the edge of the map remains obscured.

Thread Information