DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP 5E Curse of Strahd - Tuesdays, 19:30 - 23:00 UTC/GMT

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: UTC (that's British time, GMT, during the winter)
    Day of week and time: Tuesdays, 19:30
    If new game, planned start date: 15/11/2016
    Planned Frequency: Weekly
    Term: Until campaign ends

Text or Voice: Either. Mostly voice.
    Voice software used: Discord.

Roleplay & Combat mix: majority roleplaying. Levels are gained through hitting story milestones, not through combat.
    Number of Players in game & needed: 3-4 offered so far, I'm looking for another 1-4 so we always have enough to play.
    Character starting level & equipment: 1
    Character restrictions: PHB/SCAG classes only. Races from any official Wizards material. Array stats. Neutral or Good alignments. Have a background (and see scenario details below) and have a backup character concept.

Details of your scenario: Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. Far below, yet not beyond his keen eyesight, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd’s face forms the barest hint of a smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they came — all according to his plan. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.

The mists are unpredictable, but they are not whimsical. Strahd is the greatest evil in Ravenloft ... but not the only evil. You have had dreams, dreams of punishment that have haunted you since it happened: that one day that changed your life. The day you've never spoken about.

I'll be running Curse of Strahd as helpfully sold by FG. But there will be slight addition: you will need to provide a character background (not a novella, just a paragraph or two). Part of the background is some horrific and evil deed your character did - there are no evil characters, so whatever that deed was, it needs to be congruent with the characters current alignment (the character could regret it, could have had to make a terrible choice, could have previously been evil and then changed their ways - doesn't matter too much).

If things turn out well, I may consider in character rewards for things like in character diaries.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2250
    Additional request: Please post the description of your character that that you'd give in game. This means, how you'd describe your characters to other players. Remember, "show don't tell" - other players can't read your character's mind.
    Last edited by Bleak Midwinter; January 6th, 2017 at 18:54.

one question.... can the time be moved foreward a half hour to 8:00 pm for you? (thats 2:30 where i am at and i don't get home from university until 3pm) other than that i will happily join this game i always make my characters unconventional though so while i can fulfill any role, i will do so with a seemingly weird race/class combo that is explained well in my backstory (for example a dragonborn barbarian prone to anger from his years being raised by wolves, a half-elf ranger but the elf half is drow, a wizard as clumsy as the harpell family from the drizz't books, a drow sorcerer who is the child of a bronze dragon and a drow and lolth cursed her with an evil split personality for trying to follow bahamut, etc.)

so ya i will bring A LOT of interesting RP to the group once i get into the swing of things, (most of the characters i mentioned have not been played in a campaign yet, the sorcerer is in one now but the rest are not. so if you like one of those characters just ask and i will send them over to you to look at in detail)
    Last edited by santhinal; November 8th, 2016 at 19:52.

Hi Santhinal, thanks for the interest. I get up at 05:45 so don't want to run past 23:00 the night before, hence the times. If you turn out to be good, I can cope with you being a half hour late to the session. In my experience it normally takes a good 15-20 minutes for people to settle in anyhow.

Hey, i i would like to join aswell, and i would appruciate if it didn't run later than 23:00.

oh crap im an idiot sorry i mixed up my schedule dude i can't do that time at all my bad.... while im free at the start i have class at 4pm on tuesdays (got it mixed up with my Mondays and Wednesdays for some reason) that means i would only be there for half an hour before i would need to go, thats my bad dude just ignore me for this one it sks cause this looks like it would be super fun too

I would like to join will probably play a cleric

Thanks for interest, everyone. I've added an extra part to the recruitment post to filter between here and PMs.

Additional request: Please post the description of your character that that you'd give in game. This means, how you'd describe your characters to other players. Remember, "show don't tell" - other players can't read your character's mind.

Got one so far (Chemir). Looking for one more.

I'd be interested in this... new to the forums / software, but have the full version and familiar with 5E.

I have a Paladin ready to go if that fits? =)

On second thought I'm going to respectfully bow out, might go on a bit too late in my timezone. My apologies.

Thread Information