DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom dice strings

Is there a reference somewhere to all of the supported die rolling commands? Has this area been expanded to include re-rolling ones or other tricky things that were a bit problematic in the past? I would really like to test out keeping, exploding, etc... for things like L5R or other games.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    Did you check out the FGU Wiki linked from the Training sticky?

I found this article, does it answer your questions?
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...1/Rolling+Dice
    Last edited by damned; November 14th, 2021 at 02:50.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah I saw that one, but it seems incomplete. It doesn't define exploding (Though I am pretty sure that is "!"), doesn't talk about re rolling ones, things of that nature.
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

I've updated the dice expressions table with a summary of dice feature for each example, more detail in the descriptions, and a couple more examples for reroll and penetrate die modes. That should help a little for now.

Regards,
    JPG

Awesome, thanks. Looks like some of the more quirky rolls we have had in the past might just be fully addressed in FGU.

Edit to add: On that last expression, it looks like "r" does indeed do a reroll, so 5d6r1 would roll five dice, but reroll any ones. But this is a repeating reroll? Is there an expression that says reroll ones, but only once? That is honestly the most commonly occurring version, at least in 5E.
    Last edited by i3ullseye; November 12th, 2019 at 00:55.
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Still no fix for FGU-411? I know, not high on the list...but it would be really helpful for Rolemaster based sets
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

i3ullseye,
    * The die modes (!, r, e, p, l) support ranges and limits. (! = compounding, r = reroll, e = exploding, p = penetrating, l = explode low)
    * The range operators are (=, <=, >=, <, >). There are assumed ranges (if none specified) are: <= for (r, l); and >= for (!, e, p).
    * The limit operator is '#<X>'. When specified, the individual die mode is limited to X iterations.
    * One other note is that explode low (l) rolls will flip to exploding rolls with negative values, after the first match. (ala Rolemaster)

deer_buster,
    I'm already talking with Dakadin about RMC considerations, though they have take a bit of a backseat to stability/performance issues, ruleset blocking issues and bug tracking. All in good time...

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks! That's the kind of stuff we need. Now time to get creative with it hehe. Though I can't seem to figure out how to structure '#<X>' to make it work.
    Last edited by i3ullseye; November 12th, 2019 at 23:03.
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

The die mode limit must come after the range. (i.e. 2d6e#1) However, it looks like it might not be working right now; so I filed a FGU-719. But, that's how it's going to eventually work.

Regards,
    JPG

Awesome, thanks.

So 10d6r1#1 would roll 10 d 6, and reroll any ones that were rolled, but only reroll the ones once?
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Thread Information