DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wanted: Talented developers to bring zweihänder to fantasy grounds

I am putting together a small team of volunteers to create a Zweihänder ruleset in Fantasy Grounds.

We have a lead developer already, but need more talented individuals to help realize the vision. Programmers, artists and content producers are all needed.

The team at Grim & Perilous is currently overseeing a project to do the same for Roll20, but doesn't have the bandwidth for FG. The inventor of Zweihänder is a really approachable guy. He has no objection to the project, just can't support the technical side. He did offer to provide the content that will be available on Roll20.

Please PM me if you have the necessary skills and want to help expand Zweihänder to FG.

Thanks for considering the request, John

I assume that the ruleset would then be freely available on Fantasy Grounds?

What about the content that follows after, supplements, core rulebook and adventures?
    Last edited by Azostar; November 9th, 2019 at 14:00.
    Discord: Cheeky#7988
    Extensions:
    • FGTabber - More space for your FG client

Quote Originally Posted by Azostar View Post
    I assume that the ruleset would then be freely available on Fantasy Grounds?

What about the content that follows after, modules, core rulebook and adventures?
    I would like to provide the ruleset as a free product. If I'm unable to recruit sufficient developers to volunteer, an incentive may be needed. Not planned for this and would need endorsement by Grim & Perilous. As for module content, anything copyrighted would need to be sanctioned by the owners, and I would assume would be paid content. Note that I am not an employee or associated with Zweihänder, just a motivated gamer who wants to play it on FG. I have permission to replicate their planned Roll20 content in FG at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    I would like to provide the ruleset as a free product. If I'm unable to recruit sufficient developers to volunteer, an incentive may be needed. Not planned for this and would need endorsement by Grim & Perilous. As for module content, anything copyrighted would need to be sanctioned by the owners, and I would assume would be paid content. Note that I am not an employee or associated with Zweihänder, just a motivated gamer who wants to play it on FG. I have permission to replicate their planned Roll20 content in FG at the moment.
    Honestly asking people to volunteer for a project like this is pretty short sighted, what you'll be doing is laying the foundations for G&P to profit from without being compensated for the time spent helping to bring their IP to a new platform (if you're not actually affiliated with G&P). The community will have to put in the same work G&P are paying for (Roll20) and get nothing from it. What you're currently asking for here is free labour that G&P can profit from.

Unless the content is either freely available as a community project or the members working on this are compensated I really don't see anyone stepping forward.
    Discord: Cheeky#7988
    Extensions:
    • FGTabber - More space for your FG client

Thanks for your viewpoint. I'm not looking for financial compensation, and hope to find a few folks who value the availability of the ruleset on FG above financial remuneration - I understand that this isn't for everyone.

G&P has no plans to produce a FG ruleset, so this is the simplest way of getting it done so the community can enjoy the game on FG. Personally, I am OK for G&P to benefit from this financially if it also means we get to play the system on FG. If it gets off the ground I may be able to ask for free access to future content for the FG ruleset support team who provided time and skill, but can't commit to that now. Obviously, my hopes may prove to be wildly optimistic! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Azostar View Post
    Honestly asking people to volunteer for a project like this is pretty short sighted, what you'll be doing is laying the foundations for G&P to profit from without being compensated for the time spent helping to bring their IP to a new platform (if you're not actually affiliated with G&P). The community will have to put in the same work G&P are paying for (Roll20) and get nothing from it. What you're currently asking for here is free labour that G&P can profit from.

Unless the content is either freely available as a community project or the members working on this are compensated I really don't see anyone stepping forward.
    Actually, the more rulesets there are, the more we ALL benefit. A lot of them start out as labors of love...and once they grow in maturity and popularity they get noticed a path towards content creation/sale becomes more likely, allowing the developers that create the mods from the IP to make some money for their efforts. Those are often the same people that are the most active in the ruleset space.

So, in my humble opinion, your view is slightly short sighted
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

For those of you following this thread, I wanted to provide a brief update.

The lead developer planning to support the development has recently broken his ankle, so we are delayed. We wish him well. On a more positive note, it seems that DORCore by dulux-oz can handle exploding dice required of the ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    ... a brief update
    Hi Kerriga, I saw your note on the G&P discord. I'm not a developer, in fact I just now installed the ultimate FG package in hopes of being able to create something on here for Zweihander. Have you made any progress with a character sheet or a list of things needed to ref the game, such as how to install roller, card decks, or any compendium content that I can use?
    Thanks!

Faun~Fauns dance and play with Satyrs!

Nothing yet. The developer is finishing up another project first. MoreCore and DORCore both allow exploding dice, however.

Thread Information