Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Hmm...okay, the laptop doesn't appear to be seeing the campaign hosted on the desktop. Do I need to open port 1802 for FGU separately from FGC?
    Don't use cloud, use local and connect the player instance with the GMs local IP address. You won't need port forwarding if both computers are on the same network.
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Don't use cloud, use local and connect the player instance with the GMs local IP address. You won't need port forwarding if both computers are on the same network.
    I am using local, and entering the internal IPv4 address. It says "Unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Verify network settings, and try again."

I am using local, and entering the internal IPv4 address. It says "Unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Verify network settings, and try again."
    Are they both showing the same local address in the first 3 octets of each IP address? For example, my player instance is 192.168.55.10 and my GM is 192.168.55.100 - the 192.168.55 is showing that they're on the same local network.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are they both showing the same local address in the first 3 octets of each IP address? For example, my player instance is 192.168.55.10 and my GM is 192.168.55.100 - the 192.168.55 is showing that they're on the same local network.
    Yes - the laptop is 192.168.1.111 and I'm trying to connect it to the desktop at 192.168.1.100.

Yes - the laptop is 192.168.1.111 and I'm trying to connect it to the desktop at 192.168.1.100.
    Sounds like one of them is blocking network communication for the new FantasyGrounds.exe - check your security/AV software and make sure your network on both is set to Private.

Okay - they were both categorising my router as a public network. Instead of trying to work out how to change that, I just altered the firewall permissions to allow FG to connect on public networks. Now the laptop (player) has connected to the desktop (GM), and completed start-up in under three minutes!

Okay - they were both categorising my router as a public network. Instead of trying to work out how to change that, I just altered the firewall permissions to allow FG to connect on public networks. Now the laptop (player) has connected to the desktop (GM), and completed start-up in under three minutes!
    Good to know if's not your laptop that's having an issue being a player. But it does mean that maybe running two instances on the laptop may be taxing it a bit too much - or it may be that there could be some further improvements for local second instances.

Thanks for all your help in troubleshooting this, Trenloe! I'm glad we at least got to where the root of the issue lies.

Thread Information