DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Paizo vs Fantasy Grounds prices for digital content question

Hey, I've recently been sliding over to Pathfinder for a campaign I've been cooking up with my players, and decided to go and look for modules for Fantasy Grounds for the Advanced Races and Classes.

While doing so, I kind of became a bit confused about the discount mentioned at the top for Paizo PDF purchases; Just looking for a bit of clarification and maybe a follow-up question if it is what I think is.

Am I right in reading that the FG Store charges the Hardcover price for Digital Content, while Paizo charges a drastically reduced rate? Or do you get the digital content for both stores when you purchase at Paizo for the reduced rate?

If the former, does it come with a hardcover copy of the book, or is the price just artificially inflated? Earnest question, not trying to offend anyone or anything.
    Ultimate License Operator - You don't need any license to play in my games.
    Administrator of D&D Wiki, and its Facebook page
    Creator and Caretaker of the Tirr Campaign Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Jwguy View Post
    Hey, I've recently been sliding over to Pathfinder for a campaign I've been cooking up with my players, and decided to go and look for modules for Fantasy Grounds for the Advanced Races and Classes.

While doing so, I kind of became a bit confused about the discount mentioned at the top for Paizo PDF purchases; Just looking for a bit of clarification and maybe a follow-up question if it is what I think is.

Am I right in reading that the FG Store charges the Hardcover price for Digital Content, while Paizo charges a drastically reduced rate? Or do you get the digital content for both stores when you purchase at Paizo for the reduced rate?

If the former, does it come with a hardcover copy of the book, or is the price just artificially inflated? Earnest question, not trying to offend anyone or anything.
    Hi.

You can find the answer here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...izoAccount.xcp

Which basically says:

Benefits of syncing your accounts and retrieving your ownership will allow you to get free PDF versions from Paizo for all Pathfinder products you purchase on Fantasy Grounds. Similarly, retrieiving a list of PDFs you own at Paizo will discount the full cost of the PDF from purchases on Fantasy Grounds. The discount is added when you add it to your cart.

Except for Ultimate Campaigns, which still won’t sync after several months

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Except for Ultimate Campaigns, which still won’t sync after several months
    Still?

Blog Entries
    The short way I think of it;
    If you buy 'digital' from Paizo you get a PDF and only the PDF.
    If you buy 'digital' from FG Store you get the FG product and a PDF.
    Neither give you a hardcover.(though you can buy a combo from Paizo and get the PDF price off the FG Store product)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

And, if you buy digital from Paizo and link your Paizo account here, then you get a discount off the FG version equal to price of PDF.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    Still?
    Yep, I just tried it again. No discount.

Blog Entries
    This should be fixed now. Make sure to re-run the sync process to retrieve your list of products from Paizo.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    This should be fixed now. Make sure to re-run the sync process to retrieve your list of products from Paizo.
    Hate to necro posts that are like two weeks old, but it's still not working for me. Showing on Paizo in my account as "Pathfinder Role Playing Game: Ultimate Campaign/Magic/etc (OGL)" but no discount in the shopping cart. Just to confirm, this IS for the OGL versions, correct? If not, then I guess that's my problem.

Given, I just added them on Paizo a few hours ago, so maybe it's just a matter of waiting for databases up update on the backend. I'll try again tomorrow and edit in whether or not it worked.

Edit: Also, being able to search the store by product code would be a huge help. It shows the product codes that I "own" when I sync my Paizo, and also shows codes on the Order History page, but then I can't actually search those on the store to ensure I'm adding the correct (and complete list of) books to my cart. Instead, I'm jumping back and forth between my Paizo library and the FG store, manually searching for book names.
    Last edited by MicCheckOneTwo; November 20th, 2019 at 20:22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MicCheckOneTwo View Post
    Hate to necro posts that are like two weeks old, but it's still not working for me. Showing on Paizo in my account as "Pathfinder Role Playing Game: Ultimate Campaign/Magic/etc (OGL)" but no discount in the shopping cart. Just to confirm, this IS for the OGL versions, correct? If not, then I guess that's my problem.

Given, I just added them on Paizo a few hours ago, so maybe it's just a matter of waiting for databases up update on the backend. I'll try again tomorrow and edit in whether or not it worked.

Edit: Also, being able to search the store by product code would be a huge help. It shows the product codes that I "own" when I sync my Paizo, and also shows codes on the Order History page, but then I can't actually search those on the store to ensure I'm adding the correct (and complete list of) books to my cart. Instead, I'm jumping back and forth between my Paizo library and the FG store, manually searching for book names.
    That is a good suggestion. I just added product ID to the search check. You can search for something like PZO1110 to find the Pathfinder Core Rules, for instance. Each of the product pages will have our product id at the bottom of the page and these should include a publisher prefix, the original product ID from the publisher and sometimes a suffix. In the case of the Pathfinder Core Rules, our product ID is PZOSMWPZO1110FG. Searching by the product id from Paizo's site should work going forward.

With regards to the OGL version, I am not sure. If these have a different product ID than what we have, then no it will not provide a discount. Only 1:1 matches will provide a discount from Paizo.

-Doug

Thread Information