5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom campaign question

I have been working on converting Ironfang Invasion - I have the first book done and made it into a module - that loads *fine* and all my tokens work correctly from the module.

However the 2nd book is still in campaign format - and all the tokens that I've created (stored in the campaign directory under \tokens) no longer are linked to the npcs they were placed on to begin with. I can move them to the generic root tokens directory - however for the idea of creating a module it seems ... messy.

I'm reporting because you asked us to load our stuff - and I'm unsure if this is expected new behavior - a bug - or just unimplemented yet (any answer is fine - just didn't see this mentioned searching the forums).

For campaigns you are creating, the tokens must be in the tokens subfolder under the FGU data folder (or within a token module) in order to be found. When you export a campaign to a module, any tokens that are used in any of the records exported from the campaign that reside in the tokens subfolder will be exported into the module as part of the export process.

If you are moving the campaign over from the FGC data folder, you'll also need to bring the tokens over to retain the token links.

If I misunderstood the issue, please let me know.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes - what I'm saying is - in FG-classic - in my created campaign - I have \campaign\name\tokens.

I can then put all my tokens there and use them on my NPC's - when I copy that folder to FG-Unity - the tokens all break (they are blank) - and I have to move the images into the root\tokens directory - from there I can relink the NPCs. From your response it looks like that's intended behavior - it just was a surprise.

It is something to note perhaps for someone moving any custom created content over to the new program.

I see what you are saying. I don't think campaign-specific tokens are supported any more in FGU. They were very rarely used that way, and it created complexity in the engine for the improvements we made.

We recommend that people put all their tokens in the tokens folder anyway in both FGC and FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For campaigns you are creating, the tokens must be in the tokens subfolder under the FGU data folder (or within a token module) in order to be found. When you export a campaign to a module, any tokens that are used in any of the records exported from the campaign that reside in the tokens subfolder will be exported into the module as part of the export process.

If you are moving the campaign over from the FGC data folder, you'll also need to bring the tokens over to retain the token links.

If I misunderstood the issue, please let me know.

Regards,
    JPG
    Hi, I don't follow.
    I have a Campaign for NPCs in FG classic as a module with tokens.
    I have imported this campaign/module over to FGU.
    The stats are all there, but no tokens.
    I have all my tokens copied over also. (In my host token folder as it was in classic)
    Have I done something wrong?
    My FGU folder is shown in image attached.
    I have no token sub folder within the FanatsyGrounds_Data folder
    Image.png

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    I have no token sub folder within the FanatsyGrounds_Data folder
    MW wasn't referring to the FanatsyGrounds_Data folder when he said FGU data folder - he was referring to the top level data folder that you show in your screenshot, which has the token subfolder being referred to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi, thanks for clarifying Trenloe.
    I still don't have any tokens on my NPCs though. That was the main thing I was trying to find out

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    I still don't have any tokens on my NPCs though.
    In your original FGC campaign you’ve brought over the FGU? Or in an exported module in which you’ve re-linked the tokens in your campaign after moving them to <FG app data>\tokens before exporting?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes from my original FGC campaign that I have brought over.

As I mentioned in post #4, campaign-specific tokens are no longer supported in FGU (and were very rarely used); so you'll need to put your tokens in the FGU data folder under the tokens subfolder and re-link them.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information