DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[BUG] NPC Entry UI issues (Possibly 5E Ruleset-specific?)

Hi guys. Great work so far, but a few bugs I've noticed that I didn't see in the known issues list when working on NPC entry (Presumably it'd work the same for other database fields, but I've only tested NPC entry, using the 5E ruleset--I haven't tested it in other rulesets)

* [1] When clicking on a text field or typing in it, the subwindow scrolls back up to the top. This is really only noticeable if scrolled below the natural height of the window, but appears to be happening even if not scrolled down. The selected field still seems to maintain focus and text entry seems to continue working fine, but you can't see what you're entering and it's distracting. This doesn't happen with Actions/Traits etc., I've only seen it on text fields in the main character info section--but it seems to happen on any of them I try it on (Languages, CR, Exp, Skills, etc.).
    * [2] When creating a new Personality while a category is open, the new Personality is not automatically created in the open category. This isn't necessarily a bug, but I recall it working this way in the non-Unity version so I thought I'd mention it. (It's possible this is what [FGU-391] refers to, but I'm not certain from the wording)
    * [3] When typing quickly and deleting text using backspace, sometimes pressing another key immediately after backspace will cause the text to delete an extra character. I.e. if I have "Grr" and hit backspace twice followed by "o" somewhat quickly, it will delete all three letters instead of just the two R's. By "quickly" I'm referring to my natural typing speed, not like unnaturally quick to try to force an issue.
    * [4] Also, I don't remember if it worked this way in FGC or not, but when I'm in a field and hit "Ctrl+A" to select all text within that field, nothing happens. It'd be nice if it did, whether that was the old functionality or not.

Both happen even after a restart, and I'm on the latest version, and have tried disabling all extensions to verify it wasn't one of those. Campaign was originally generated in FGC.

In case it matters, I'm on Windows 10 Version 1903 build 18362.356, using three monitors and two virtual desktops (I don't think those things will matter but I'm including them just in case, since I can see some situations where they might be relevant and I've done enough programming to know that unexpected things can cause the strangest problems). I'm running FGU maximized on the first of the virtual desktops and on the primary monitor, but have also seen the issues in windowed mode, and on at least two of the three monitors.
    Last edited by arcaneArtisan; November 6th, 2019 at 12:13. Reason: Edited to add additional information

Blog Entries
    The window scrollbar issue has been reported, but it seems to be unique to some environments and not reproducible by others (meaning it works on some computer and it doesn't on others and no one has yet been able to figure out why).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the forums!

Also, it occurred to me that I believe in the past on this campaign (when I made it in FGC) I tinkered with the /scaleui setting. Is it possible some leftover data from when that was set in the past might be affecting FGU's display, even though the /scaleui command is not implemented yet?
    Interesting idea. I wouldn't think so at first blush, but it is certainly worth mentioning. Moon will be around before too long to give his opinion. Which is really pretty much the what matters since mine is ... not well informed

EDIT: I did something funky here, from my phone. I hope I didn't delete aA's original post on this... If you remember what you wrote... ~LE
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 8th, 2019 at 02:56.

Thanks for reporting.

Subwindow scroll on text field click/type
    I think this is related to similar scrolling issues, but I added a new ticket just in case. (FGU-690)

New campaign records not using current group
    As you mentioned, I think this is related to other group issues, but I added a new ticket just in case. (FGU-691)

Fast text entry after backspace issue
    First I've heard of this one. I've filed as FGU-692.

Unable to use CTRL+A in text fields
    Already being tracked as FGU-549.

/scaleui comments
    The /scaleui capability does not actually save anything in the campaign data; it only stores a preference in the application-level settings which are unique to each program (FGC and FGU). So, this wouldn't affect anything. Good to have more info though.

Regards,
    JPG

Hey, just wanted to comment that I'm also experiecing the subwindow scroll (FGU-690) and text problems after backspacing (FGU-692). My backspacing issue is that whenever i use the backspace or delete keys, 3 characters are deleted instead of 1. This also is affecting moving the cursor with the arrow keys. Whenever i use any arrow key, the cursor moves mutiple positions, generally 3, about every time. Occasionally, the cursor will move one space, but generally it is multiple spaces.

I'm using the 5e ruleset for this issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldince View Post
    Hey, just wanted to comment that I'm also experiecing the subwindow scroll (FGU-690) and text problems after backspacing (FGU-692). My backspacing issue is that whenever i use the backspace or delete keys, 3 characters are deleted instead of 1. This also is affecting moving the cursor with the arrow keys. Whenever i use any arrow key, the cursor moves mutiple positions, generally 3, about every time. Occasionally, the cursor will move one space, but generally it is multiple spaces.

I'm using the 5e ruleset for this issue.
    Can you verify that this is still an issue? I am unable to reproduce and there have been many updates since this was reported. Thanks.

I keep forgetting to mention it but I too have experienced weird intermittent backspace issues where it deletes 2 or 3 characters for some reason. It's not common and hard to reproduce. If I figure out how to reproduce I'll start a new thread about it.

I still get the backspace problem. It's a huge pain that happens nearly every time I make a mistake in the 'other' tab of NPCs. (Posting in this old thread because it's what comes up on google)

Are you holding the backspace when this occurs; or only tapping the key?

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information