FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It could be that it just coincided with when your computer needed to renew its IP address.

Set your computer IP address to be a static IP address.
    As best I can (following Google instructions) I have done this- just got hold of a player and got them to log in- working again.

Thanks so much.

I'm bound to ask, and this isn't because I don't appreciate the wonderful gift that is FG, but is there a way to make this things more idiot proof- I'm the idiot in this story; I promise I try hard- look things up when you suggest them here, make leaps of logic and try to get somewhere but FG is glorious (for me) when it works fine, and then I do something wrong (tick the wrong box- I had a very large file shared with PCs by mistake last time) or else my machine falls off the net and without PC knowledge then I can't really fix it.

Apologies you're probably not the guy who I ought to be asking.

Once again you are wonderful people.

I just wish FG was easier to use for non-computer folk, y'know- idiots like me.

Cheers goonalan
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns.

Love you lots.

The change to a static IP address didn't work- as soon as I put it in the PC fell off the internet and wouldn't go back on until I went back and deleted the static IP address.

So...

Who knows.

Cheers goonalan
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Love you lots.

Quote Originally Posted by goonalan View Post
    The change to a static IP address didn't work- as soon as I put it in the PC fell off the internet and wouldn't go back on until I went back and deleted the static IP address.
    Sounds like you didn't enter the full details for your static IP address correctly - the IP address, subnet, default gateway and DNS all need to be correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I tried putting the same details in for all of the above but that didn't work either- no internet connection, what should I put in for- subnet, default gateway and DNS all need to be correct?

Cheers goonalan

Love you lots.

I tried putting the same details in for all of the above but that didn't work either- no internet connection, what should I put in for- subnet, default gateway and DNS all need to be correct?
    What make and model router do you have? You may be able to do a specific IP address allocation at that level.

Some info here: https://www.howtogeek.com/184310/ask...-on-my-router/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Reading, but apologies- have to go to sleep soon, work in the AM.

My router is a TP Link... and I would tell you more specifics but now when I go to try and look at the router by sticking the IP address in the address bar I used previously it says page doesn't exist.

Oh my lord...

I cannot fathom this stuff out.

goonalan

Love you lots.

Keep trying that's the answer- got it.

AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
    Model No. Archer D2

Love you lots.

Keep trying that's the answer- got it.

AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
    Model No. Archer D2
    Here's the page for the User manual: https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/...(EU)_V1_UG.pdf

See the bottom of page 64 - 12. 1. 3. Reserve LAN IP Addresses

Blog Entries
    If its old, you can google the make and model of your router and find the default password, or if its newer check for a sticker on the bottom. it will have a default username and password on it.

Also, you then need to know the address to log in. Again, google your make and model, but it's usually https://192.168.0.1

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by IDATYRA View Post
    It wants me to log in- I have no idea what my username and password is, I have never been here before... to the best of my knowledge.
    See post #5 in this thread.

Thread Information