Starfinder Playlist
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last

I had this same issue - will there be an installer/updater compatible with 10.11? I can install FGU, but cannot update, and do not want to upgrade to Catalina.

I've installed and updated in El Capitan so the problem must be something else Gozer. Check your password, I couldn't update before cause I wrote my pass wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    Installer works perfectly fine for me in 10.11 but the Check for Updates is still red. When I press it I get an error message.

Attachment 30675
    Can you click on Copy for the console message and paste it in here? We can't see the full error message but it likely has more information to help track down the problem. Also, please include the version of Mac OSX you are running whenever you can.

Last weekend I solved the problem entering the right password but now when I try to update FG crashes. Running FGU on OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

[EDIT] If I run the FGUpdaterEngine, then FantasyGrounds console sends this message:
    [10/12/2019 17:28:23] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [12/10/2019 5:28:34 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (/Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/FantasyGroundsUpdater)

[EDIT again] FGUpdaterEngine hasn't updated everything and that was giving the error.

[EDIT one more time] I've checked the installation structure on my Mac and I think I know why it sends the error message. FGUpdater is not installed in the correct folder.

FGU.jpg
    Last edited by JubiladosdeArkham; December 10th, 2019 at 17:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer the Gozerian View Post
    I had this same issue - will there be an installer/updater compatible with 10.11? I can install FGU, but cannot update, and do not want to upgrade to Catalina.
    Should you want to try an intermediate macOS version, you should Google for App Store links, e.g. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190. I upgraded in Oct. from 10.12 (Sierra) to 10.14 (Mojave), largely without issue.
    Last edited by tcdo; December 10th, 2019 at 22:45.

I've added some very preliminary system requirements for FGU, based on what Unity engine requires to run.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ytest-Overview

Based on current Unity requirements, MacOS 10.12+ is required.

Regards,
    JPG

Would love to upgrade to 10.12 or higher but my Mac is as upgraded as it will go. It’s an older Mac, so I get that it may not be the best for new software. Just frustrated that there wasn’t some idea of the OS requirements before the Kickstarter. FGU is actually running well for me on 10.11 once I convinced it into installing and updating. Everything EXCEPT pulling up the maps which causes everything to slow to a crawl. Loving the crisp fonts though!

I was hoping that this was going to be an actual Mac application. I can tell from the build that is basically programmed in mono/xamarin or whatever it is called now. It’ll likely be second class citizen even in the best of circumstances. Not due to Smiteworks or their skill and dedication! Just that it isn’t optimal for the Mac platform. Fingers crossed that it gets good enough for everyone else, but I can’t go out and buy a new Mac for FGU.

I guess the next step is to buy a copy of Windows and install that on my Mac to see how that works! Still very anxious to try out the LoS!

No need to buy a copy. You can download a copy from Microsoft’s site and use it for free. You’ll get a nagging message to activate it and they’ll be a watermark, but you can run FG no problems. That is how I was testing it out until the Mac Beta came out.

@grimfish,

This is actually built on the Unity 3D platform which uses Mono libraries for implementation, and that actually drives the OS requirements as well. We chose Unity as the implementation, so we could write code for the application that could be used on Windows, Mac or Linux.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information