Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    For everyone who are suggesting to buy a mouse/trackball "because it's cheap" to solve this problem: I have a mouse. It's a really nice mouse. It's called a magic mouse. It came with my mac. It has a mutlitouch trackpad-like surface instead of buttons. I can use a left click or a right click on it, I have a very nice scroll on it, I can do zoom on it, I can switch desktops or apps, and I still don't need modifier keys on the keyboard.. It works for everything I do. It just doesn't do Left Click + Right Click at the same time. And I never needed that for my day to day tasks. The same goes for the trackpads built in macbooks. Now to suggest to buy an extra device just for one software that is promised to be a native app is not solving the problem. The problem is that if it was truly a native app, it would consider the default general capabilities. Buying an extra piece of mostly plastic hardware that is just collecting dust when I'm not using FG is actually creating more problems than it seems to solve, and it means I have to shell out extra money, just because I'm not using Windows.
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised at the response about trackpads....it's like they are the plague or something. I didn't say I needed any other options and am perfectly happy with the trackpad which is a fully supported device on Macs. Thank you for the info, but I did the research (quite a bit, actually) and found trackpads work great, even for Windoze. There's nothing I can't do at work that a mouse would solve. The negativity and laser focus on a single solution (or the invalidation of a perfectly valid one) leaves me sad. I don't tell people what they need to do.....I was just providing a perspective of my experience. FWIW, trackballs have the same issue as a mouse....you have to grab it which is what the problem is. But then, I'm not sure you've gone through physical therapy and done the research. It's a very negative attitude about trackpads.

Blog Entries
    Edem and Flyteach,
    I'm sure everyone who tried to be helpful is sorry that you took offense at any suggestions made.

Speaking for myself, and knowing the general personalities exhibited on this forum, I can say at no point was I saying what you should do, only what you could do if the solution worked for you (with the implied understanding that their is no way I/we could know what the true details of any use case are or what research you might have done).

As I always suggest to anyone who wants FG to behave differently than it currently does is to make sure they check the Wishlist and see if the idea is already there, vote on if it is, and if not add it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Edem and Flyteach,
    I'm sure everyone who tried to be helpful is sorry that you took offense at any suggestions made.
    If you are promised to have an apple peeler that can peel apples, and you paid for it to be made, but then you cannot test if it will peel apples properly, and you ask whether it will be able to peel apples, would you like to hear several opinions telling you you should buy a pear grappler to make your apple peeler able to peel apples?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edem View Post
    If you are promised to have an apple peeler that can peel apples, and you paid for it to be made, but then you cannot test if it will peel apples properly, and you ask whether it will be able to peel apples, would you like to hear several opinions telling you you should buy a pear grappler to make your apple peeler able to peel apples?
    It is always your choice how you chose to react to any situation.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 14th, 2019 at 19:12. Reason: Ttpo

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It s always your choice how you chose to react to any situation.
    Indeed. Like their choice to suggest to spend additional money on a pear grappler.

Quote Originally Posted by edem View Post
    Now to suggest to buy an extra device just for one software that is promised to be a native app is not solving the problem. The problem is that if it was truly a native app, it would consider the default general capabilities. Buying an extra piece of mostly plastic hardware that is just collecting dust when I'm not using FG is actually creating more problems than it seems to solve, and it means I have to shell out extra money, just because I'm not using Windows.
    To clarify. None of the community members making suggestions are directly involved in the development of Fantasy Grounds Unity. The main dev (Moon Wizard) didn't make any such suggestion. Please keep this in mind.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

FGU is the first FG product I have paid for, because true Mac support was promised. I refuse to pay for FGC as it is a hot mess on Mac, the worst piece of software I run on my Mac. I am looking forward to finally getting something worthwhile.

Not sure what all the issues with three button mice are, I’ve had no issues running FG as far as pointer control is concerned. If someone could enlighten me as to what benefit a 3 button mouse would provide, I would appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    With a 3 button mouse you can hold right & left click at the same time and draw a temporary pointer. As you probably know, you can draw multiple pointers from the right click menu. There might be other things if your mouse doesn't have something like scroll or right mouse, but not sure since I think you can emulate most/all of those. I suspect you can tell more about that than I can

With a 3 button mouse you can hold right & left click at the same time and draw a temporary pointer. As you probably know, you can draw multiple pointers from the right click menu. There might be other things if your mouse doesn't have something like scroll or right mouse, but not sure since I think you can emulate most/all of those. I suspect you can tell more about that than I can
    It would seem the temporary pointer is all I am missing. There are commands for left, right, and scroll on the trackpad. I use trackpads on both Macs and PCs and can understand why PC users would scoff at it, windows based PCs generally have horrible trackpads, on Windows I am often wishing I had a mouse, and if available, I’ll use one. On my MacBook it isn’t as important as it performs leaps and bounds better.

Thread Information