5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    We are removing Manage Characters from the options for a few reasons. The new way to build characters will be directly inside of a campaign. Just create a campaign of the appropriate ruleset and build the characters there. From there, you can export them out. We have some updates planned for this area in the near future.

To add characters from FGC to FGU, try exporting the characters from FGC, creating a new "5E Characters" campaign in FGC (or whatever game system), and then importing them there.

In FGU, you can import characters from any local campaigns or any cached played campaigns into any campaign you are playing in; so Manage Characters isn't needed.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm hoping I can provide some valuable Mac feedback.

Should I post module-specific issues here? I'm getting some console errors when loading SKT data.

I'm also unable to set the server to local host (public or private). Every time I restart the app, it asks me to allow the app through the Mac firewall even though an allow entry already exists. I do have a valid forwarding rule for my physical firewall also.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.59.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 7.01.24 PM.png

Grimmsteel Games
    Hardware: 2019 16" MacBook Pro, 2 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM
    Primary OS: Mac OS X 11.6.2 Big Sur

1.) I was afraid this may be the case, but I never actually saw the mac requirements listed for Unity during the Kickstarter or on any other discussion. I took a chance and lost. I'm on an older mac that can only be updated to 10.11.6. It looks like the FG Updater only supports 10.13 and higher. The installer actually works and puts everything into the applications folder successfully, but it doesn't launch the app. Looks like the package installer may need some basic target OS verification prior to the installation. It gave me false hope that it would work. I realize that you have to cut off older OS support at some point, but is there a technical reason that 10.13 is the target build? Looks like I'm stuck with classic until I can afford a new Mac.

2.) Is there a Mac Beta testing thread that would be preferable for people to post bugs and issues to?
    Not sure if it is proper to edit my post and quote myself, but new information just in.

The installer doesn't work for 10.11 (I did create a new post for tracking), but the engine that it installed DID work. I just manually launched it. It did some weird stuff, but ended up downloading FGU. It does in fact launch and run. Able to see the lobby and create a game, and launch into the leather screen. Sooo much leather :|

That installer is rough, but I get it. Installers and updaters can be a real pain to create. Nice job, team!
    Last edited by grimfish; December 6th, 2019 at 02:58. Reason: New Information

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drakowulf View Post
    Should I post module-specific issues here? I'm getting some console errors when loading SKT data.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimfish View Post
    2.) Is there a Mac Beta testing thread that would be preferable for people to post bugs and issues to?
    If the issue is new, please start a new thread. See this thread for some advice on how to report (note I will update it in a minute to indicate which operating system is in use).
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-Problems

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm having the same problem. The other problem was that FGU was seeing my WiFi IP and wouldn't let me change to my Cat-5 IP (higher throughput, and it's where my router has port forwarding set up already).

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Including shipping, 3 button mice can be had in the US for $3.50. So hard to consider it prohibitive in cost. But, i know people dont want to have special hardware for just one application and may not want the cheapest thing available.
    Consider also that modern Mac laptops don't have USB-A, so you're looking at a USB-C hub, as well. I think the other point about Mac users not getting a say in the beta process is a pretty big point, as well.

Installer works perfectly fine for me in 10.11 but the Check for Updates is still red. When I press it I get an error message.

Sin título.jpg
    Last edited by JubiladosdeArkham; December 6th, 2019 at 08:22. Reason: Forgot to attach image

Quote Originally Posted by drakowulf View Post
    I'm hoping I can provide some valuable Mac feedback.

I'm also unable to set the server to local host (public or private). Every time I restart the app, it asks me to allow the app through the Mac firewall even though an allow entry already exists. I do have a valid forwarding rule for my physical firewall also.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.59.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 7.01.24 PM.png
    Same issue here...

[QUOTE=pendragon2009;466595]Installer works perfectly fine for me in 10.11 but the Check for Updates is still red. When I press it I get an error message.

I'm on 10.14.4 and had the red update button problem. It was because my password was incorrect and I was not getting an error message. I corrected the password and ran updates and my content downloaded and red update button changed to black.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information