5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

AD&D 2nd to Pathfinder 1st compatibility

I'm on the fence on purchasing FG but I may be pushed over if the ToEE module is "compatible" with the Pathfinder 1st edition ruleset.
    In other words, if I purchase FG, can I get the pathfinder ruleset and "import" (for lack of a better term) the ToEE module or some of its elements (maps, prose, et al.)?

Yay! Randy is here.

This extension will let you open modules in non-original systems. But npc's and other system specific issues will abound.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension

Blog Entries
    There is a community extension call the Universal Module extension. That will let you open any module in any ruleset. BUT YOU WILL GET ERRORS

Rulesets do not all have identical data fields. So, things like PC, NPC, and sometime items will have missing fields or things that don't "come over" because the extension does not map data fields (i.e. an NPCs armor class in AD&D might be the variable "armorclass" and in PF is might be "npc.ac". That's just an example of whats possible, not actually the database field names!)

But, since most rulesets (including AD&D and PF) are based off of CoreRPG, things like story entries and images will move over just fine. But you would want to recreate encounters using PF NPCs, parcels using PF items, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyBlair View Post
    I'm on the fence on purchasing FG but I may be pushed over if the ToEE module is "compatible" with the Pathfinder 1st edition ruleset.
    In other words, if I purchase FG, can I get the pathfinder ruleset and "import" (for lack of a better term) the ToEE module or some of its elements (maps, prose, et al.)?
    As the person that converted the ToEE module I can assure you the adventure monsters, encounters, treasures/etc are not compatible with Pathfinder ruleset. The text and map of the module is all that would be useful.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information