DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dartwork View Post
    [s]This is terrible. I will have to do this every time I launch this program? Windows 10 doesn't allow for application specific to be scaled. I tried overriding the app itself in Compatibility to no avail. The font is still too small.

This is pretty disappointing that I have to tinker the OS settings to properly view the app.[/s]
    As has been mentioned above scaleui has not been implemented yet - it's on the to do list - see the link provided in post #2 above. Remember that you are in *beta* testing and that there will be a lot of things that still need to be implemented. All we're doing in this thread is give you options that you can use *now* to be able to scale FGU until to-do item [FGU-327] has been implemented. Please keep all of this in mind when posting replies about your disappointment with current beta functionality and saying the work-arounds people suggest to get you going are unacceptable or ridiculous.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 5th, 2019 at 02:38.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's unfortunate. I'll be honest, ability to change font size independently from UI would've been invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnas View Post
    That's unfortunate. I'll be honest, ability to change font size independently from UI would've been invaluable.
    As Trenloe said, scaleui is not implemented yet. It's coming, but several features do not work yet or do not exist yet, and the devs are prioritizing what they work on so it may be some time. This is normal for beta software. I'm sure SmiteWorks intend to have scaleui working before FGU is actually released. They're quite good at doing what they say they're going to do!
    Last edited by notrealdan; November 6th, 2019 at 14:47. Reason: Post-coffee clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Karnas View Post
    ... ability to change font size independently from UI would've been invaluable.
    Actually, this has limited benefit in FG (even Unity) as most of the other GUI components don’t resize with a change in font size. So changing font size has to be pretty close to the original size otherwise there’ll be areas in the GUI where text will get clipped and might be unreadable. Hence why the scaleui functionality scales the whole UI so this clipping doesn’t occur.

It is possible to change the font size through an extension (just like in FG Classic). This will actually be easier in FGU as it uses TrueType Fonts, not the set size bitmap fonts that FGC uses. But there’ll still be the clipping issues I mentioned.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Any updates to the font scaling? Has this been implemented yet?

I got the command /scaleui 200 to work great in chat window.
    Last edited by Cheeky Erasmus; April 15th, 2020 at 00:09.

/scaleui fix worked for me. Thanks.

Works great -- scales the entire UI. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    All we're doing in this thread is give you options that you can use *now* to be able to scale FGU until to-do item [FGU-327] has been implemented.
    The scaleUI feature does work for increasing the font size, but at the drawback of less VTT. I found that increasing to 104 increases the font just enough without too much loss of space. As a GM I would love to set the UI to 80 for a large amount of space for all the windows, but would have to borrow my Grandma's glasses to read the story text.

I looked but wasn't able to find upcoming features. Where would the public be able to see FGU-327 and the other to do items?

Thread Information