DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Or snoring or barking dogs!
    If anyone is snoring you need to up your game as GM

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    I know this is opening an old thread but I did notice a pattern that I found.

When I had Discord open in a regular window that was not locked onto my desktop, I was having the same problem. FGU was stealing my key bindings (keyboard button or mouse button, as I tried switching).

However, when I dragged the Discord window to the right side of the screen and "locked" it into the desktop, FGU no longer stole the Discord key bindings. Discord worked correctly even when FGU was in focus.

I just thought I would pass this on, particularly for Moonwizard who might be pulling his hair out trying to fix this.

-Danny
    This work around works for me but I hope this will be fixed before final. Not everyone in my group will want to allocate teh screen real estate to do this..

Not sure if this was fixed, but I seem to be able to use both while focused on FGU. I am on mac and I set my PTT button to the tilde "~" key so it wasn't a FG mapped key.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordine View Post
    Not sure if this was fixed, but I seem to be able to use both while focused on FGU. I am on mac and I set my PTT button to the tilde "~" key so it wasn't a FG mapped key.
    So I realized I was dropping the little accent characters all over chat. I switched it back to the option key and it still works. Again, not sure if it's because the functionality was fixed, or that I'm on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordine View Post
    So I realized I was dropping the little accent characters all over chat. I switched it back to the option key and it still works. Again, not sure if it's because the functionality was fixed, or that I'm on a Mac.

works for me on windows too. Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    I know this is opening an old thread but I did notice a pattern that I found.

When I had Discord open in a regular window that was not locked onto my desktop, I was having the same problem. FGU was stealing my key bindings (keyboard button or mouse button, as I tried switching).

However, when I dragged the Discord window to the right side of the screen and "locked" it into the desktop, FGU no longer stole the Discord key bindings. Discord worked correctly even when FGU was in focus.

I just thought I would pass this on, particularly for Moonwizard who might be pulling his hair out trying to fix this.

-Danny
    Can you elaborate on how you "locked" Discord? My friend and I are testing FGU and it is stealing our push to talk keys too.

I had this same issue yesterday during a game I was running -- kindof. I had everything working normal, then updated to fix the dice-sum issues, and when I relaunched as host Discord stopped working push to talk when inside of FG. If I alt tabbed out push to talk worked. I changed it to voice activated and it worked fine inside and outside of FG.

I'm pretty sure the issue is something just getting caught / stuck in memory. After shutting down last night and launching everything this morning it all works fine again.

I believe if you run discord as admin (right click on the discord icon -> run as admin) then push-to-talk will work even when FG is "in focus"

I tried running Discord as an admin but it still didn't work while in the FGU window.
    But, I did find out that if I opened a 2nd instance of FGU, while the first is still open, that one my push to talk button would work fine in. I could close the 1st window afterwards.

I played around with it some more. After I run check for updates, that is when push to talk will no longer work. So, if you are having an issue with losing push to talk in discord, check for updates and let them install if any. Then restart FGU and don't check, just play.
    I think it is something with the updater locking out keys being used by other programs when FGU is the active window.

To be honest, I haven't been able to replicate the fix since. It is likely like you said, an order of operations thing, getting the right combo.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information