Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Overpay for books

    I love this program. But problem with digital content is we have to keep paying for it when you don't have a service that someone else has.
    I am talking to Character Sheets.

    Some of us use this as a ventral Table for our games. (AKA on a TV)
    But I still want to had out Character sheets.
    Why don't you make something like D&D Beyond. So I don't have to pay for the books a 3rd time! (I like to have a physical copy)

    I know about the plugin but it dose not look good and don't copy all the info.
    It would be great to be able to sync with the web sight. Also let players have links to there sheets so I don't have to keep making copies!!!!!

    Or just make an agreement with DND beyond or something...

  2. #2
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,371
    Can’t you print out from D&D beyond?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  3. #3
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    9
    I'm not sure I understand. You want to print character sheets from FG?

    Have you looked at this tool? You can customize it all you want if you are willing to edit the files.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Printer-for-FG

    What about this one?
    https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx

    You can always vote for a suggestion on the wishlist if neither of those are what you want.

    Current Projects: Ultimate Undermountain (NYDUM)
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets
    DMsGuild Content: Balance Disturbed (Adventure), Dungeon Room Descriptions
    FG Product Reviews: Virtual Scribe Reviews

  4. #4
    Ya after you pay for all the books again. aka $269 to $573.49 to add all the "Copyright" content to the Character builder

  5. #5
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,371
    I think what he is wanting is for Fantasy Grounds to give away all the modules free, since he's bought the content once somewhere else. This is the same as reading a book and then expecting to get into the cinema free because you don't want to pay to see the film cause you bought the book.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  6. #6
    SirGraystone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    223
    Blog Entries
    3
    You do know that you can fill the character sheet manually and type everything in without buying any of the books in FG right?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think what he is wanting is for Fantasy Grounds to give away all the modules free, since he's bought the content once somewhere else. This is the same as reading a book and then expecting to get into the cinema free because you don't want to pay to see the film cause you bought the book.
    Actually I bought all the books here and have the ultimate full paid Edition. I update my bundle every time there's a new book. The only reason I don't have the new ultimate is I work 2 jobs run 2 D&D campaigns, so I didn't want to take a chance on a program that possibly had bugs. One game on Wednesday and one on Saturday in a game shop. Both of my groups are full with waiting list. My Wednesday group is even dedicated to teaching new players and DMs using fantasy grounds.

    What I was looking for was a easier way to update character sheets and share them with my players.

    As a moderator you don't have the ability to just find out if I'm paid or not? Before you start insulting me? I very rarely make post on forms because people seem to jump to conclusions just like this and try to make people look bad.
    Last edited by michaelzep; November 2nd, 2019 at 17:07. Reason: Misspelled

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. You want to print character sheets from FG?

    Have you looked at this tool? You can customize it all you want if you are willing to edit the files.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Printer-for-FG

    What about this one?
    https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx

    You can always vote for a suggestion on the wishlist if neither of those are what you want.
    I've used the add-on to make character sheets.
    It doesn't get all the information and what it does put doesn't seem to really fit. I have never tried that website, I didn't know anything about it so I'm going to try it out. I'll let you know ��

  9. #9
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,371
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelzep View Post
    Actually I bought all the books here and have the ultimate full paid Edition. I update my bundle every time there's a new book. The only reason I don't have the new ultimate is I work 2 jobs run 2 D&D campaigns, so I didn't want to take a chance on a program that possibly had bugs. One game on Wednesday and one on Saturday in a game shop. Both of my groups are full with waiting list. My Wednesday group is even dedicated to teaching new players and DMs using fantasy grounds.

    What I was looking for was a easier way to update character sheets and share them with my players.

    As a moderator you don't have the ability to just find out if I'm paid or not? Before you start insulting me? I very rarely make post on forms because people seem to jump to conclusions just like this and try to make people look bad.
    My apologies; I read your post as saying that you had a subscription to D&D Beyond and didn't want to pay for the FG modules, but I see that it is the other way around.

    And no, I can't see anything about your account. Moderators do not have access to your account information with Smiteworks.

    FG doesn't have the capability to print out stuff, and in fact the licenses SW have with various publishers don't allow for material to be printed anyway. Character sheets are fair game because the utilities that people have put together use the xml file to print things out., It isn't an exact science however and results are not precise.

    The subject of printing out character sheets does come up now and again and I'm pretty sure there's a wish list entry. The developers are aware of it and I'm sure it is on their radar. However the emphasis at the moment is on Unity so anything like this is probably over the horizon at the moment.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  10. #10
    For D&D 5e - try this:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lToPdf-Project

    export character to xml file - run this program - get pdf sheet of a character (attached example)

    It works awesomechar-sheet-example.JPG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in