STAR TREK 2d20

Request for support for more languages

I was suggested to post here after commenting on the kickstarter page, so here it is:

I've read SmiteWorks' previous response to someone else's comment saying that there are no plans to support additional languages at launch,
    but I'd just like to let it be known that some of us are hoping to be able to use currently unsupported languages in the chat (e.g. Chinese, Korean, Japanese)

The most popular virtual tabletop tool in Japan is Flash-based, and with the support for Flash ending next year, people are rushing to find or develop alternatives.
    I would love to use FGU, but being able to use Japanese characters in the chat is necessary for my playgroups.

Just in case: this isn't a request for the interface to be translated, just for the character codes to be supported in the chat function.

Cyrillic languages should also be added.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Most of these seem to be translation/localization related, which is a different issue. This request was for different languages to be able to be used in the chat.

Blog Entries
    The current character set does not support non Latin characters. I think there is an idea on the wishlist for that as well. If not, please feel free to add any suggestions that are missing.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The base platform uses UTF-8 under the hood; but the font engine is much more complicated, and currently only supports Latin character sets. We may revisit this in the near future, depending on how quickly we get through the rest of the stuff we're trying to get done for release and after.

Regards,
    JPG

That is great to hear, I am looking forward to future updates!

Thread Information