STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How to turn on LOS?

How can I get LOS to work? I can see the buttons for "Layer LOS" and "Global LOS" in the GM's view, but I can't find any instructions in the wiki or forum for what these do. How do I get a token on the player's map moving around with the LOS working (as shown in the demo)?

USA, India, and other locales around the world
    Likewise...Tried to work a bit with the LOS/Visibility toggles and haven't been able to replicate what was seen in the demo video. Not seeing much (if any) documentation to help. Icon sizing and maneuvering sometimes works and other times doesn't, maybe depending on map settings (?). Also tried using layers in the map editor, but need a bit more guidance to use it to its best potential.

First make sure that the map you are testing on actually has occluders drawn on it.

Unlock the Map and make sure you are in 'Play' mode. (dice icon top left). Now click the enable LOS buttoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    This is the new wiki for Fantasy Grounds Unity

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...s/FGU/overview

USA, India, and other locales around the world
    Thanks! Yes, that did the trick for me. And though not entirely intuitive, I was able to use the tools in the toolbar to make the LOS work with a few sample NPCs/Characters. Still playing with this, but your suggestion really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    First make sure that the map you are testing on actually has occluders drawn on it.

Unlock the Map and make sure you are in 'Play' mode. (dice icon top left). Now click the enable LOS buttoon.
    Thanks, Zacchaeus, that's very helpful - I hadn't realised that was a button!

That's enabled me to start experimenting with the maps in Lost Mine of Phandelver. I've noticed that, on the Cragmaw Castle player map, all the doors are 'open' by default. This seems to me to be the wrong way round - they should be 'shut' by default. The same is true of the arrow slits.
    Last edited by Callum; November 1st, 2019 at 14:52.

Blog Entries
    If you have a moduledb file for Lost Mine of Phandelver in your campaign's moduledb, try deleting this first. If you copied it from here, then that will override the final version we built into the updater system. In the official version, it should have all doors closed and also have secret doors on Redbrand Hideout.

Thanks, Doug. I tried deleting the moduledb file for Lost Mine of Phandelver in the campaign's moduledb folder, but that didn't make any difference - the doors were still open, and there weren't any secret doors on the Redbrand Hideout map, either. So I ran the updater again, and that seems to have fixed the issue - all doors present and correct!

Incidentally, I don't think the rubble to the north of area 11 (P3-08.11. Ruined Tower) is set up correctly on the LOS layer. It's a single zone, stretching across the entrance, which means that when you pass through it you can see into the room to the east. I think that perhaps there should be two areas of rubble with a door between them (representing the canvas). Should I try making this and submitting it to the LOS maps crowd project?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Thanks, Doug. I tried deleting the moduledb file for Lost Mine of Phandelver in the campaign's moduledb folder, but that didn't make any difference - the doors were still open, and there weren't any secret doors on the Redbrand Hideout map, either. So I ran the updater again, and that seems to have fixed the issue - all doors present and correct!

Incidentally, I don't think the rubble to the north of area 11 (P3-08.11. Ruined Tower) is set up correctly on the LOS layer. It's a single zone, stretching across the entrance, which means that when you pass through it you can see into the room to the east. I think that perhaps there should be two areas of rubble with a door between them (representing the canvas). Should I try making this and submitting it to the LOS maps crowd project?
    If you want to redo it, test the experience and then post a screenshot of before and after, that would probably be best. I can make the adjustment and then re-export & package it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    If you want to redo it, test the experience and then post a screenshot of before and after, that would probably be best. I can make the adjustment and then re-export & package it.
    Here you go, Doug.
    Cragmaw Castle LOS before.PNG Cragmaw Castle LOS after.PNG

Thread Information