STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for reporting. For those that are seeing high GPU utilitization, is this only with the base program open, or once you start opening images and/or using certain features?

Thanks,
    JPG
    While the program is loading, it still uses all available VRAM on the card (8GB in this case). That sometimes settles back to about half, until you start opening images and using maps. Turning on LOS maxes out mem usage as well. At all times after loading the program, it runs the GPU at max clock speed. By comparison, FGC barely affects GPU usage at all. If it makes any difference, I'm using an ASUS 27" 4k monitor.

Also, as noted in the screenshots I posted - maxing out the clock also overrides the boost limit I've set for the card. Closing FGU down after using it also causes my GPU monitoring/management software (MSI Afterburner) to crash.
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; November 12th, 2019 at 15:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides Ghola View Post
    While the program is loading, it still uses all available VRAM on the card (8GB in this case). That sometimes settles back to about half, until you start opening images and using maps. Turning on LOS maxes out mem usage as well. At all times after loading the program, it runs the GPU at max clock speed. By comparison, FGC barely affects GPU usage at all. If it makes any difference, I'm using an ASUS 27" 4k monitor.

Also, as noted in the screenshots I posted - maxing out the clock also overrides the boost limit I've set for the card. Closing FGU down after using it also causes my GPU monitoring/management software (MSI Afterburner) to crash.
    Related to this when it comes to performance on lower end laptop GPUs as well: Link to thread
    Last edited by niknas; November 12th, 2019 at 16:06. Reason: Spelling

Blog Entries
    There was ano th her report about a nVidia feature called something like "image sharpening" that was causing problems and turning it off resulted in resolution of graphics performance issues. Can you see if you have any similar options? Also, try turning off advanced options and lowering performance settings.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for reporting. For those that are seeing high GPU utilitization, is this only with the base program open, or once you start opening images and/or using certain features?

Thanks,
    JPG
    For me it starts when i open an image/map. I am arounf 30%-40% before opening an image, and goes up to between 90%-100% as soon as i open an image/map.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There was ano th her report about a nVidia feature called something like "image sharpening" that was causing problems and turning it off resulted in resolution of graphics performance issues. Can you see if you have any similar options? Also, try turning off advanced options and lowering performance settings.
    Yeah, I went through and adjusted nVidia’s settings to reduce GPU usage before the first post. I have image sharpening off globally, but made a specific profile for FGU, and turned off advanced options that would call the GPU to run full tilt. After the last update, it still spins clock speed to max, but doesn’t start sucking down memory until I open an image.

I also have a sharp increase in GPU and CPU usage whenever a map or image is opened. Closing the image returns the memory usage back to normal.

I'm on a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina running

OS X 10.14
    CPU 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Thanks for reporting. The image display system does a lot of things right now. With all the ongoing changes and fixes to the image system, it will be a while yet before we look at optimizing the image performance. (especially for static images with a single layer)

Regards,
    JPG

Just wanted to post here again - FGU has come a long way since the last post in this thread, congrats guys! Great job.

It's still using way too much graphical power for what it does. I know you're not optimizing, but this is kinda crazy for a program like FGU.

FGU Usage.PNG

Afterburner.PNG

Again, most AAA games in HD won't run up an overclocked 1070GTX this way. It has pushed the clock speed over the OC limit I have set. That's a pretty big problem. No special circumstances are required to reproduce this - all I have to do to burn out my video card is to run FGU.

Blog Entries
    We are not seeing that sort of performance on our test machines. I have an older desktop that I use as my primary and it has a Nvidia 970 that barely budges. My laptop runs an Nvidia GTX 1060. Here it is with the 5E campaign loaded, 5E theme, several 5E modules and a large map from Dungeon of the Mad Mage displayed.

Since you saw this early on and haven't seen it improve, this makes me wonder if your FGU version isn't getting fully updated -- or if an older version is still floating around. There have been a few iterations of the installer and early versions may have left some orphans. Can you try uninstalling it and then searching for any possible duplicates before doing a fresh install? If you still see this issue, then we can see if Carl has any sort of additional diagnostics we can look at to see why you might be experiencing this. It is definitely not working as intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Absolutely, I'll uninstall and start fresh. I'll let you know what the results are.

Thanks for answering so quickly.

Thread Information