DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

[SWADE] Character Creation Issues Noted

Issues:

1. When creating a character, after drag and drop of the die onto the Attributes and Skills the die is not visible. If I close the character and open it again, the die is now visible and works as expected.

2. The attributes under FGC are populated with a d4 at creation. FGU attributes are blank (vs. just not visible - there is no associated die)

3. In SWADE, the skills Athletics, Common Knowledge, Notice, Stealth, and Persuasion are free with a d4. In FGC these skills are automatically placed on the character sheet at a d4 when you create a new character. In FGU, these skills are not auto-selected.

• Steps to reproduce the error
    • If related to updating, please include relevant section of the "FantasyGroundsUpdater.log" file found in your FG installation directory.
    • Any relevant information from the "console.log" file found in your FG Data directory.
    • Ruleset(s) you are experiencing the issue(s) in.
    • Is this a newly FGU created campaign or one migrated from FGC?
    • What modules do you have loaded? Are any of these DLC from sources other than the FGU updater? (i.e. manually migrated or 3rd party content)

1. Create a new character. Issues 2 and 3 are automatic. Issue 1 is after dragging a die to the attribute or skill.
    2. NA
    3. No errors are created that I see
    4. Savage Worlds - SWADE.
    5. Both.
    6. This will occur with the bare minimum SWADE GM and SWADE players guides loaded.

I have these same issues on my machine.

Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-631.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you!
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-631.

Regards,
    JPG
    Not sure if I should make another thread, but a few more things (this is post update, 4.0.0)

The above issues continue. I found the following additional items.

1. Derived Stats (Pace, Parry, Toughness) do not update based on the race/skills (all stay 1s)
    2. Toughness does not reflect any armor that you add. For example, a new PC will have a Toughness of 1. If I add Plate Corselet and equip it, it will show Toughness as 1(4) (not 5(4) as you would expect)
    3. While pace at creation is a 1 both before and after application of Race, it does correct itself if I apply a wound. From there, it calculates correctly if I add/remove wounds.

Edit - I just notice #2 is not a character creation issue - it is a global player character issue. I had copied over an existing campaign and the existing PCs also have the issue of all the Derived Stats are 1s. This is not an issue for NPC since they are just set and not calculated.
    Last edited by amerigoV; November 13th, 2019 at 00:56. Reason: typo

Thanks for reporting. I can't wait to use SWADE on Unity.

Thanks for reporting. I've filed the derived stats issue as FGU-708.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for reporting. I've filed the derived stats issue as FGU-708.

Regards,
    JPG

You are welcome!

I know the SWADE items are still on the list, but a new error popped up when I tried to make a PC today (same conditions of above - both a clean new campaign or one copied over). This popped up upon hitting the "+" to create a new character

[11/23/2019 3:53:01 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [11/23/2019 3:53:07 PM] [NOTICE] Daily session backup created.
    [11/23/2019 3:53:07 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
    [11/23/2019 3:53:10 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
    [11/23/2019 3:53:10 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
    [11/23/2019 3:53:10 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
    [11/23/2019 3:53:33 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign database backup created.
    [11/23/2019 3:53:58 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [11/23/2019 3:54:10 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "charsheet/scripts/template_derbase.lua"]:213: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)

Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-760.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information