STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.0.3

MGT2 v1.0.3

Hi Folks,

Now that MGT2 v1.0.2 is live, I'm starting on MGT2 v1.0.3, this will be the last build release before 'Central Supply Catalogue' gets released which will then update the minor nuimber (MGT2 v1.1.0)

[Updated] World UWP data parser has been re-written (FAQ updated)
    [Updated[ World Bases, Trade Codes and Travel Codes all have Tooltip Text explaining what the codes mean. I am tempted to split them like the other world details, ie codes on the left, text on the right.
    [Fixed] World UWP size of 9 was being ignored
    [Fixed] Worlds Data. The text descriptions for the various World Profiles are now read-only.
    [Updated] MGT2 uses 'Weapons' for 'Weapons', but MGT1 used 'Weapon'. I've extended all the checks to look for Weapons or Weapon, the correct term is Weapons.
    [Fixed] Text/Content issues in the Reference Manual around careers and equipment
    [Updated] The GM is now called the 'Referee'
    [Updated] NPC's - you can now drag and drop an armour item, the Armour Type and Protection fields will be updated, you may only have 1 armour listed like this, if you wish to stack armour then the fields need manually updating
    [Updated] NPC's - you can now drag and drop skills. The skills field will have the new skill added at level 0, if the skill already exists it will be incremented, for example Art 1, if Art is dragged onto the NPC sheet, it will be replaced with Art 2
    [Updated] NPC's - you can now drag and drop equipment. The equipment field will just keep adding each item dropped.
    [Fixed] Armour now correctly references the Armour data sheet (internal problem but means custom armour correctly references the correct data sheet) - been a niggle I've had for ages, glad to sort it
    [Updated] The Far Trader (A2) now has the correct Deckplans
    [Added] New Option for Combat: Show Armour value - it defaults to No, but if you set it to yes in the Chat Window you'll see text such as [ARMOUR 13]. The default will show '[ARMOUR reduced damage]' if the Armour wasn't enough to stop all damage, or '[ARMOUR prevented any damage]' if the Armour Value was greater than the damage
    [Fixed] NPC's can now use the Desktop Characteristic Override buttons

More will be added here as this version will be worked on for the next week, unless the bugs fixed are urgent.

Still unable to find (and giving up now on):
    Error with 'hiderollresults' - that's in CoreRPG, so might be an out of date, or overridden file.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; December 9th, 2019 at 21:12.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi.

Would it be possible to make the characteristic overrides work with NPC skills? As it stands if I click INT and roll admin off the NPC sheet it generates a script error. I'm not sure if that is a bug or just isn't something we're supposed to do. I was looking for a way to include characteristic modifiers with NPC skills but haven't found a way short of just hard adding the mod with the skill rating.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

Would it be possible to make the characteristic overrides work with NPC skills? As it stands if I click INT and roll admin off the NPC sheet it generates a script error. I'm not sure if that is a bug or just isn't something we're supposed to do. I was looking for a way to include characteristic modifiers with NPC skills but haven't found a way short of just hard adding the mod with the skill rating.
    Yep, an update will be coming so that NPC's can be more like PC's, ie proper equipment rather than a text box. Just at the moment, trying to work out how I can get my new website app export the data to import into FG.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Sounds great. I was starting to enter in NPCs from the 1001 book so I have some random to draw on, I'll wait for 03 before doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Sounds great. I was starting to enter in NPCs from the 1001 book so I have some random to draw on, I'll wait for 03 before doing that.
    Hi Esmdev, I've left Equipment as a single text box (though the drag and drop keep adding to it), don't have the time at the moment to do a full blown equipment tab (like PC's) and I think that might slow adding some NPC's down, so might have an option for a more 'advanced' NPC (not sure atm!).

I am now doing the NPC's override that you requested, this is the final bit of work on 1.0.3.

Cheers,
    MBM

Don't know if this is only thread for MG Traveller or not....but I am big beginner on Fantasy Grounds...just ordered Rule set and Bowman Arm module...have played as player in 3 RollD20 games...but am really just beginning to find the "lift off" button ha ha....So am getting a little help from FG support to get it all loaded properly...but can't wait.....Just want to be part...

Mongoose Traveller...latest 2019 edition...

Just noticed this thread began in 2015....light years ago....OK....also just noticed that the bearded one is from Sheffield....I am in Western Canada...have been through Sheffield...and also have a friend here that is from there!!!!
    Will it help me with my dice rolls...likely not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
    Don't know if this is only thread for MG Traveller or not....but I am big beginner on Fantasy Grounds...just ordered Rule set and Bowman Arm module...have played as player in 3 RollD20 games...but am really just beginning to find the "lift off" button ha ha....So am getting a little help from FG support to get it all loaded properly...but can't wait.....Just want to be part...
    This thread is just for the latest version being worked on for Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition. This section of the forum is all Traveller (based mostly on Mongoose 1st and 2nd edition).

So ask away, plenty of community support here as we all just want to play in the stars.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Esmdev, I've left Equipment as a single text box (though the drag and drop keep adding to it), don't have the time at the moment to do a full blown equipment tab (like PC's) and I think that might slow adding some NPC's down, so might have an option for a more 'advanced' NPC (not sure atm!).

I am now doing the NPC's override that you requested, this is the final bit of work on 1.0.3.

Cheers,
    MBM
    So I was looking at how things seem to work on your twitter and really that's about all I was looking for. Stacking armor is kind of whatever for me, that's something I can do manual for an NPC truly worthy of any attention.

Folks,

v1.0.3 is now in the TEST channel.

I'll let LordNanoc know about this.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information