5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmkevin View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Unity states "Unable to connect to host - Unable to start cloud game server. A server is already registered to your user name".

I do not know of any server with my user name. If this is the case though, how do I connect to such server?

Thanks for any assistance which can be offered.
    I believe this is a known issue, where the available games needs to be cleaned up.

Try starting a non-cloud game and use a different campaign name.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
    I have found the problem as to why i could not connect.

Seems like the network code/protocol does'nt like Unicode characters. My campaign had a Swedish character in the campaign name, but as soon as i suspected that was the problem i made a new campaign with the same name, but switched the swedish character to an UTF-8 counterpart, and lo and behold, now i can connect just fine.

Old Name: Lördags Kampanjen (does not work)
    New Name: Lordags Kampanjen (does work)

Also tested the following after that...

Lämmeltĺget (does not work)
    Lammeltaget (does work)

I tested this using the Pathfinder 2 ruleset, using a Local Private server, connecting to localhost.
    Thanks Allmight. That is helpful.

Followed the steps to reproduce and I confirm this bug as reported.

Hi cannot connect to my own server. Tried different thing but not working:
    2020-02-02_1456.png
    2.png
    3.png

Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    Hi cannot connect to my own server. Tried different thing but not working:
    2020-02-02_1456.png
    2.png
    3.png
    On the second screen change the IP number to 127.0.0.1 and see if that works (this is the IP for Localhost)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Didnt worked

Didnt worked
    Just to make sure, You are opening FGU twice? One for Hosting, One for joining? (sometimes we assume things)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Yes, exactly as i do for FG.
    Isnt right?

Yes, exactly as i do for FG.
    Isnt right?
    Thats how I do it, opening it twice is correct.
    I did noticed when you join however there is a IP displayed Mine does not.
    It looks like the joining FGU is trying to join to a sever outside

Testing Local.jpg

In the join by IP address you should type 'localhost' without the quotes. I too find it strange that you have an IP address in that box already since it shouldn't show anything. You do have the host session actually running and in a campaign waiting for players to join right?

Edit: Hang on a minute you are using the demo version. I don't think you can host a game using the demo version.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information