FG Spreadshirt Swag

Load and UI speeds

Just bought Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate, to do some testing on it (was waiting for it for quite some time)
    I am using the 5e ruleset with my preexisting Curse of strahd campaign.

Initial load time after clicking on Host campaign is very long (just timed it 1 minute 50 seconds to load in. FGU is installed on an ssd. PC stats below. I also tested with other rulesets and with a fresh 5e campaign with no extensions loaded. The slow load time persists. Maybe XML parsing is extremely slow or there are hidden debug output messages slowing things down? (Error log window did not pop up during loading)

When first opening a character sheet or a new tab on a sheet there is a visible delay for about half a second before the character sheet populates. This on happens for a given character or tab it is opened the first time after that the delay is gone.
    Data windows like Items, Spells etc take up to 10 seconds when first opened and open instantly after that.
    The UI feels slightly sluggish and unresponsive (have not timed response times yet).

the new Image / asset Map management works with one small caveat. In the tutorial on the new wiki it is stated that after setting a scale for tiles when first adding a tile all further tiles will use the same scale until changed, this seems to be untrue, after adding a new tile scales are always reset to 4x4 and i have to change scales for each tile added individually. This slows down building a map with tiles extremely.

If an image with transparency is used as background image smearing happens in the transparent parts.

Is there a way to limit an effect layer to just certain parts of the map, like with a mask? Is there a faster way to add more tites of a type already on the map than dragging from assets all the time? Is there a way to make the paint modes snap to the grid?

I really miss the lock token feature that has not been added yet (I use that regularly on classic)

Apart from these problems everything seems to work, and my existing campaign from classic was loaded with no problem. I experienced no crashes or instabilities so far but was not able to do really thorough testing because the slow windows and unresponsive UI. Even for an unoptimized state performance seems bad. CPU load averages at 4% with spikes to 50% on a single core when the initial delays happen. For that initial delay everything seems to lock up even the fps/cpu gpu load measurement overlay. Having an overlay or not does not make a difference in performance. FPS is at 60 the whole time. Memory usage hovers at around 1600MB GPU memory usage is 0.7GB. nothing is overheating, fans do not spin up. FGU runs mostly single threaded and does not really use the system resources but something is blocking that thread (that's why I think its a possibility that the XML parsers is super slow and after stuff is in memory it gets better. or that there are debug outputs enabled that slow everything down)

PC specs:
    CPU: Intel i7-9700k (not overclocked)
    Mainboard: Asus ROG MAximus Her XI (Wifi)
    RAM: 2x16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz C16
    GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG Strix OC Edition
    SSD: Samsung EVO 850 1TB
    HDD: ST1000NM0033 Seagate SATA Hard Drive
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

All drivers and operating system up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by meathome View Post
    FGU runs mostly single threaded and does not really use the system resources but something is blocking that thread (that's why I think its a possibility that the XML parsers is super slow and after stuff is in memory it gets better.
    I just did some informed speculating on this in another thread, and I think you're largely guessing correctly: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post484856

Thread Information