STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    For Players: today we found out that if you start the client, create a new Character so that the character sheet pops up and then go to Library->Modules you can load the Core Rulebook and the small book opens.
    For some reason it worked and i could load the Core Rulebook in this way and use it. I tried nearly everything before but this worked for Pathfinder 2e!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCypher View Post
    For Players: today we found out that if you start the client, create a new Character so that the character sheet pops up and then go to Library->Modules you can load the Core Rulebook and the small book opens.
    For some reason it worked and i could load the Core Rulebook in this way and use it. I tried nearly everything before but this worked for Pathfinder 2e!
    We tried that Monday and it didn’t work, but we will certainly try it again!

Hello DukeCypher,

thanks for the quick response. I tried with the phb deluxe for example but it did not work.

@tcrossbar did it work for you? If it worked, what was the content you loaded?

Hey all, as i know this issue is a problem for many i answered quickly but it was late at night.

So just to be clear and state and repead the facts:

- GM has Ultimate license, Pathfinder 2e Core Rulebook and Age of Ashes AP
    - Players only have Demo version.
    - GM started campaign, 2 players connected and we started to build characters. Some days later we met again but only 1 player still had access to the core rulebook. Me, as a player, i could not load the Core Rulebook again.
    - I tried everything i found in the forum or elsewhere to load the corerulebook. Waiting, reloading, reinstall, deleting campaign files, switching directories and so on. Notihing worked.
    - Next day a new player joined, created character but had to reload the client after some time and after that could not load the Core Rulebook again. At one point he just tried to create a new Character so that the character sheet pops up and then went to Library->Modules and loaded the Core Rulebook and the small book opened.
    - After that me, as a player and having an existing character, i also added a new character and went to library->modules and suddenly i could load the Core rulebook and it stayed that way.

In our next session today i will see if we face any problems again and keep you posted. Hope this explanaition can help someone at least a bit or the devs to find a solution for the next update.

I have been battling this issue for a week now with no success. I have read through like threads related to player module access and tried everyone. To summarize my experience and efforts.

1. I own FGU Ultimate License and purchased 5E Core Rule Book, Monster Manual and DMG.
    2. A week ago when I first purchased everything I was able to get a friend to join using demo license and was able to access the modules just fine. A few days later I attempted to get my group on to create characters. No one can load the modules and the little book never opens.
    3. In an effort to remedy the situation I registered a second account under the demo license, and have it running next to me on a laptop computer. I deleted the old campaign files and created a fresh campaign using the Ultimate License. I loaded the content and ensured the "allow player download" was checked and showing as green. I joined the campaign using the demo license on the laptop and attempted to load just the PHB.
    4. Having read through all the available information related to this issue. I have ensured my connection speeds are adequate to download the file "reported at around 17MB. I have also ensured that my router does not have any flood protection active.
    5. On the laptop running the demo version, I joined the fresh campaign and opened the character folder. I clicked the "+" icon to create a character. (it is at this point the character window closes and the new character icon is shown in the top left corner of Fantasy Grounds, and I have no option to take control of the character. When reopening the character window no characters show on either the GM client or Demo client. However I do see the character sheet and can edit it).
    6. Having already attempted loading the modules several times previously and checking the cache folder and the files not fully loading on the demo client. I have the cache folder open and viewing the module files and can see the file titled "DD PHB Deluxe.dat". I then open the Module folder on the demo client and attempt to load them. No success even after waiting more than 30 minutes. Viewing the Cache folder I can see the file for the PHB Delux.dat and it is holding strong at 17kb and never changes.

I would also point out although somewhat related that any attempt to add an additional character or unload and reload the PHB on the demo license logged in is causing FGU freezing with a continues loading icon on my mouse pointer. I eventual force quit on all applications. I have tried this several times using several different combinations of the sequence and run into the same problem. The problem is proven to persist using three different users computers.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianClark81 View Post
    I have been battling this issue for a week now with no success. I have read through like threads related to player module access and tried everyone. To summarize my experience and efforts.

1. I own FGU Ultimate License and purchased 5E Core Rule Book, Monster Manual and DMG.
    2. A week ago when I first purchased everything I was able to get a friend to join using demo license and was able to access the modules just fine. A few days later I attempted to get my group on to create characters. No one can load the modules and the little book never opens.
    3. In an effort to remedy the situation I registered a second account under the demo license, and have it running next to me on a laptop computer. I deleted the old campaign files and created a fresh campaign using the Ultimate License. I loaded the content and ensured the "allow player download" was checked and showing as green. I joined the campaign using the demo license on the laptop and attempted to load just the PHB.
    4. Having read through all the available information related to this issue. I have ensured my connection speeds are adequate to download the file "reported at around 17MB. I have also ensured that my router does not have any flood protection active.
    5. On the laptop running the demo version, I joined the fresh campaign and opened the character folder. I clicked the "+" icon to create a character. (it is at this point the character window closes and the new character icon is shown in the top left corner of Fantasy Grounds, and I have no option to take control of the character. When reopening the character window no characters show on either the GM client or Demo client. However I do see the character sheet and can edit it).
    6. Having already attempted loading the modules several times previously and checking the cache folder and the files not fully loading on the demo client. I have the cache folder open and viewing the module files and can see the file titled "DD PHB Deluxe.dat". I then open the Module folder on the demo client and attempt to load them. No success even after waiting more than 30 minutes. Viewing the Cache folder I can see the file for the PHB Delux.dat and it is holding strong at 17kb and never changes.

I would also point out although somewhat related that any attempt to add an additional character or unload and reload the PHB on the demo license logged in is causing FGU freezing with a continues loading icon on my mouse pointer. I eventual force quit on all applications. I have tried this several times using several different combinations of the sequence and run into the same problem. The problem is proven to persist using three different users computers.

I found a fix, I set up a static IP address and port forwarded that IP address using TCP 1802. Here is the article follow these instructions. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...nd_Host_a_Game

I am having similar issues, but only with Call of Cthulhu. But that is my only purchased module. It appears that everything that comes with an Ultimate license works.

I am having the same issue, as a DM and as a Player. I am running a one shot adventure, and one of the players click on one of the modules avaiable, but the book won't open, and the module's stuffs won't appear to him. All other players works just fine. He restart the computer, reinstalled the FGU, and deleted the cache, but open again and the same problems happened.

As a player, it happens with (it seems) random modules that just won't open. They appear to me in the module menu, I click on load (and the button change to unload), but the book do not open and the module won't appear to me in the menus. Since they do not interfere with the game, it is ok for me as a player.

Still, this is a problem to be solved. Still waiting for a solution.

Blog Entries
    Players can only open modules that are marked for them to be allowed to be shared/opened. Even if they own the module. This prevents players from owning adventures and opening them and looking ahead (i.e. cheating).

Make sure that the GM has marked the modules for sharing (green check mark). And then load them.

If that doesn't work, please provide screen shots and exact modules and details of who the GM is etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Players can only open modules that are marked for them to be allowed to be shared/opened. Even if they own the module. This prevents players from owning adventures and opening them and looking ahead (i.e. cheating).

Make sure that the GM has marked the modules for sharing (green check mark). And then load them.

If that doesn't work, please provide screen shots and exact modules and details of who the GM is etc.
    LordEntrails, that is not the problem (selection models or players trying to sheet). You click on LOAD as a player, the button goes to "UNLOAD" but the book does not open. And we took a 4 hour session one time without opening it. Here is a screen shot of what it does shows. Error.JPG

This problems happens to me (in FGC and FGU), and also to my friend in one of my games.

Thread Information