FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I am also having the same issue as a GM with one of my friends who just recently installed the FGC Demo Client on his laptop so we can have him create a new character to play in my Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path campaign. I have FGC v3.3.10 Ultimate installed on my computer, and we verified he has the same version of the FGC Demo Client installed on his laptop. I also had him clear out his local cache (on the join game screen) a few times to see if that would help.

He is able to load Pathfinder - SRD but is unable to load Pathfinder Core Rules nor the Rise of the Runelords Players Guide. He clicks on LOAD and it switches to UNLOAD but the book never opens for either of the modules (I also verified I shared the books/modules). The book does open very quickly for the SRD rules. My other 4 players who have been playing the game for the last 12 months aren't experiencing any issues with their FGC Demo clients that I know of.

Please let me know if I can provide any logs, pictures, etc. that may help isolate the issue; and if it resolves itself on my end I will reply back to this thread.
    Last edited by kpmyers1964; June 15th, 2020 at 01:41.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmyers1964 View Post
    I am also having the same issue as a GM with one of my friends who just recently installed the FGC Demo Client on his laptop so we can have him create a new character to play in my Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path campaign. I have FGC v3.3.10 Ultimate installed on my computer, and we verified he has the same version of the FGC Demo Client installed on his laptop. I also had him clear out his local cache (on the join game screen) a few times to see if that would help.

He is able to load Pathfinder - SRD but is unable to load Pathfinder Core Rules nor the Rise of the Runelords Players Guide. He clicks on LOAD and it switches to UNLOAD but the book never opens for either of the modules (I also verified I shared the books/modules). The book does open very quickly for the SRD rules. My other 4 players who have been playing the game for the last 12 months aren't experiencing any issues with their FGC Demo clients that I know of.

Please let me know if I can provide any logs, pictures, etc. that may help isolate the issue; and if it resolves itself on my end I will reply back to this thread.
    kpmyers1964, what I checked with my friend is that this problem is due to you and your friend using different versions of the module, and when we update them to be the same modules versions, the problem is solved. Try this, send the extensions to your friend, ask him to replace it in the fantasy grounds modules directory and try again. For me, these solved our problems (also, check if the module is just taking some time to upload)

Thanks for the suggestion!

I had to uninstall FGU and FGC to help remedy the issue. I only reinstalled FGC for now. My friends did the same with their demo clients.

We learned that the sync engine gets easily overloaded trying to push out updates to clients (5 in my case). I had to restart my FGC a number of times to help with the queuing process. Big lesson learned.

Tonight I’m repeating the process on a local laptop client so I can package and send them the cache\campaign folder contents to ease the pain.

Thread Information