DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    @Azostar I don't have a bug, but I do have a suggested feature that might be nice:

If you can make the ability to lock any window in place, that would be highly useful I think. To make it so that you can't accidentally make something unaccessible, you could make it so they are unlocked when you restart Fantasy Grounds.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it would be really nice I think and prevent accidental window movements.

Hey guys, quick update from me.

I've been sent a few messages and had emails about replies on the thread, for transparencies sake I've pretty busy looking for a job over the past few weeks and it's something that I will be prioritising over working on the extension.

That being said, it has been a while since I've updated the extension so I'll be running through any questions and bug reports that have been bought up in the thread during my absence, hopefully I can roll out an update after or even before the new year.
    Discord: Cheeky#7988
    Extensions:
    • FGTabber - More space for your FG client

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    @Azostar I don't have a bug, but I do have a suggested feature that might be nice:

If you can make the ability to lock any window in place, that would be highly useful I think. To make it so that you can't accidentally make something unaccessible, you could make it so they are unlocked when you restart Fantasy Grounds.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it would be really nice I think and prevent accidental window movements.
    It's definitely something that I can look into, although it would probably fall into another extension entirely. If I'm able to make it happen I'll probably roll out a bundle for UI extensions similar to the DOE extensions dulux-oz makes.
    Last edited by Azostar; December 20th, 2019 at 13:49.
    Extensions:

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    OK, I finally got some time to test and found a couple of things out.

First, the current version of FGTabber is supposed to be 0.6.6, but when I load that in FG, the chat box reports that it's 0.6.5. I'm absolutely sure I've downloaded the one currently attached to the first post as of today. So, it seems like either I'm really running 0.6.5 and the wrong file is posted here OR version 0.6.6 reports its version incorrectly.

I do see the behavior I mentioned the other day with the current version of FGTabber (as current as I can get, see above), with the current version of FGC (3.3.9), on a completely new campaign, with only FGTabber loaded. However, it's not just the CT that shows this behavior, but it seems all windows in FG act this way under a specific circumstance, which only affected my CT earlier by chance. Basically, any window just a little too far over to the left side of the screen (within a few pixels of the left boundary) will jump way over to the right the next time its tab is loaded (almost completely off-screen). Move it over just a few more pixels away from the left boundary, and it behaves normally. I tried this with the Combat Tracker, Story list, Notes list, and Character Selection and it's consistent with all of them.

I hope this helps!
    This helps a lot, I believe the way the window positions are stored and loaded are effecting this. I'll try and get this fixed ASAP.

The chat box calling out the wrong version is an error on my part, I have to manually change that value and I just forgot
    Last edited by Azostar; December 20th, 2019 at 13:47.
    Extensions:

This sounds great, but I'm just not understanding how to make it work. I feel like a dummy, but maybe you can explain.
    To start, I'm using a mac, just sayin...

"Right click the tab bar and select add tab to add a new tab"

What is the tab bar? I have no tabs on any windows I open. Right clicking a window, or any other space on the tabletop provides no new FGtabber features for me

"Right click an existing tab and press edit to edit. Save by clicking another text window or pressing enter"

Again, no tabs I see or even know to exist. What the heck am I missing? Can this only be used by players, and not the DM?
    I've run it with other themes loaded and without any loaded. Same results

Thanks much
    TheEldritchPress.com
    Editions 1st-5th since '79
    Running on a Mac. Yup, I'm one of those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Graylock View Post
    This sounds great, but I'm just not understanding how to make it work. I feel like a dummy, but maybe you can explain.
    To start, I'm using a mac, just sayin...

"Right click the tab bar and select add tab to add a new tab"

What is the tab bar? I have no tabs on any windows I open. Right clicking a window, or any other space on the tabletop provides no new FGtabber features for me

"Right click an existing tab and press edit to edit. Save by clicking another text window or pressing enter"

Again, no tabs I see or even know to exist. What the heck am I missing? Can this only be used by players, and not the DM?
    I've run it with other themes loaded and without any loaded. Same results

Thanks much
    Take a look at the screenshots in the first post here. The tab bar is the dark-colored bar running along the top of the entire FG window itself. If that’s not showing up for you, then you don’t have the extension loaded or something else is wrong.

Got it and that works. Guess it was me and not my mac’s fault! Thanks much.
    TheEldritchPress.com
    Editions 1st-5th since '79
    Running on a Mac. Yup, I'm one of those guys

Tried this over the weekend and it was amazing, really helped with screen real estate. Thanks!

Hey great extension, I love using it. Perhaps it is due to that I'm using FGU, but sometimes the tabs become empty, and I have to re add the sheets I put there. Its no major fuz, still works good.

Thread Information