FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Is anyone that experiences this issue using push-to-talk?

When I was unable to reproduce the problem, I was NOT using push to talk... so it may be that Discord can use the mic just fine but people are unable to get their push-to-talk input to discord because FGU is taking input control.

I was using PTT and had this problem; running Discord as administrator fixed the issue. It seems likely that it's a keyboard-input-stealing issue.

I was having this issue and discovered that if I run Discord before starting FGU, it doesn't break the push to talk. Even if I closed and re-opened Discord, the push to talk still worked. I am prepared to tell my players that every single session. :-)

Looks like this issue is still in existence. I did some experimenting last night, and found some odd functionality.

I own a Razer Naga with the 12 buttons on the side. I am also on a MacBook Pro running macOS 10.15.4. I set my PTT in Discord to be Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Cmd.

I then set the 1 button on the side Number Pad of of my Naga to send that key combination. When I use the mouse, if FGU is in focus, my PTT functionality works as intended.

However, if I press that key combination on my keyboard with FGU in focus, then PTT does not work.

Not sure exactly what this means, to be honest, but it is a little further information.

I've heard the same from a few of the people I've been playing with lately that are using push to talk in discord. When FGU is in the forefront (has focus), discord no longer responds to the push to talk button. So they think they're talking but are muted, until they bring discord to the forefront.

FGC on the other hand doesn't do that.

While I don't know the exact keys they used, one of them used a mouse button for push to talk, and another one had a key on the keyboard.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    I've heard the same from a few of the people I've been playing with lately that are using push to talk in discord. When FGU is in the forefront (has focus), discord no longer responds to the push to talk button. So they think they're talking but are muted, until they bring discord to the forefront.

FGC on the other hand doesn't do that.

While I don't know the exact keys they used, one of them used a mouse button for push to talk, and another one had a key on the keyboard.
    Run discord as an administrator corrects the problem.

I can say that also had this issue. Running Discord as an admin myself seemed to work, but others running as an Admin did not. Also, running as admin is not really a viable long term solution.

Thread Information