STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: FGU & The DOEs

FGU & The DOEs

Hi Everyone,

Having now gotton my hands on FGU I can start to test and correct the DOEs for the new platform - and I'd like the help of my fellow Beta Testers (& Alpha Testers, of course).

The existing DOEs, avalaible from the Forums, are where we need to start. I haven't as yet even tried to load even the DOE:Base, so, those who are interested in seeing the DOEs ported to FGU (and the new Rulesets) than please, try to break the DOEs in all of the updated (FGU) Rulesets, and then post what you find here, in this Thread, so that we can all keep track of the issues and where they stand.

I'll also take Feature Requests - just please, mark them as "FEATURE REQUEST" on the first line of the post - thank you.

I'll be using the Post Number of the posts of this Thread as the Issue/Feature Tracking Number, so please, before you post a long explanation, see if someone else has already reported it and if so, use their Post/Tracking Number to add any further info you may have.

If your issue doesn't seem to be FGU-related (ie it occurs under FGC as well) then please post here as well, instead of in the original DOE Threads - let's keep this all in one place, shall we?

So, thanks for you help - there's enough people who use the DOEs that I'm going to sticky this Thread so its easy to find.

Cheers
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; October 31st, 2019 at 19:01.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

FEATURE REQUEST

Before I get into the request, I would like to thank you for your time and contributions to the community! I know it is not easy to set aside the time to build and support the DOEs and may not hear thanks from the community often enough. It is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

In regards to the request, I am currently running a PF2 campaign and without support for the DOEs, it is lacking. As such, I would like to request support for the PF2 Ruleset with the DOEs and am happy to assist with testing as needed. Please let me know if you need additional detail or there are any questions I can answer to assist.

Thanks again for all you do for our beloved FG community!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctmega View Post
    FEATURE REQUEST

Before I get into the request, I would like to thank you for your time and contributions to the community! I know it is not easy to set aside the time to build and support the DOEs and may not hear thanks from the community often enough. It is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

In regards to the request, I am currently running a PF2 campaign and without support for the DOEs, it is lacking. As such, I would like to request support for the PF2 Ruleset with the DOEs and am happy to assist with testing as needed. Please let me know if you need additional detail or there are any questions I can answer to assist.

Thanks again for all you do for our beloved FG community!

Thanks for posting, @Ctmega.

Yes, that is something I am/was working on before FGU was (beta-)released - that and a couple of the other new Rulesets (2E, etc).

So hang in there, it is coming, for both FGU and FGC

And thanks for the kind words - yes, it does make a difference when people aren't just taking you for granted

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi

This is not a bug report, more like a report about that I shortly tested your extensions and so far the things I tested worked Even the soundlinks were still working So with some luck you do not need to change too much

EDIT: for 3.5e
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 30th, 2019 at 05:10.

Now this is a bug report. I've been having issues with it for a while, and just re-downloaded them and unless I somehow downloaded not update extensions the issue still persists.
    I'm using these versions of the extension
    This is not Unity related.
    DOE Base v3.2.1
    DOE Sound v4.2.2

The problem is with Savage Worlds ruleset only. When using the Sound extension (and it seems to be a Sound extension only problem), any trait roll is treated as two separate dice rolls (Trait die and Wild Die), and they do not Ace. This made it impossible for me to keep using sounds on my Savage Worlds games.

Thanks a lot for the extension!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Now this is a bug report. I've been having issues with it for a while, and just re-downloaded them and unless I somehow downloaded not update extensions the issue still persists.
    I'm using these versions of the extension
    This is not Unity related.
    DOE Base v3.2.1
    DOE Sound v4.2.2

The problem is with Savage Worlds ruleset only. When using the Sound extension (and it seems to be a Sound extension only problem), any trait roll is treated as two separate dice rolls (Trait die and Wild Die), and they do not Ace. This made it impossible for me to keep using sounds on my Savage Worlds games.

Thanks a lot for the extension!
    That's interesting: the DOE:Sound doesn't go anywhere near the trait roll. I'll take a look-see, and talk to the SavageWorld Dev - we should be able to come up with *something* between us.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    That's interesting: the DOE:Sound doesn't go anywhere near the trait roll. I'll take a look-see, and talk to the SavageWorld Dev - we should be able to come up with *something* between us.
    DOE:Sound extension replaces <template name="basicchatwindow"> template which breaks SavageWorlds ruleset.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    DOE:Sound extension replaces <template name="basicchatwindow"> template which breaks SavageWorlds ruleset.
    Ah, thanks Ikael - I'll get that fixed ASAP (for both FGC & FGU).

Thank you for pointing that out and saving me a ton of time (which I din't have now, being stuck on a Dialysis Machine for 6-7 hours 3 days a week )

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Don't know if this the right place for this...so let me know.

First off Dulux-Oz thanks for all you work. Your tutorial videos are great and made things simple for me. I have a request.....hate to ask because I know your hard at work on other things. Maybe once the DOEs are proved out for Unity maybe you or someone can make an updated tutorial on setup for sounds via discord chat. I tried it with Voicemeter Banana got it work for maybe five minutes then it stopped, this was maybe a year ago(following Rob2e's instructional video). The frustration of not getting it to work was bothering me so I just let it go, I didn't want to bother anyone since I'm such a novice with computers, but your step by step explanations are really what I need.
    Let me know what you think and thanks again for all the hard work you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    Don't know if this the right place for this...so let me know.

First off Dulux-Oz thanks for all you work. Your tutorial videos are great and made things simple for me. I have a request.....hate to ask because I know your hard at work on other things. Maybe once the DOEs are proved out for Unity maybe you or someone can make an updated tutorial on setup for sounds via discord chat. I tried it with Voicemeter Banana got it work for maybe five minutes then it stopped, this was maybe a year ago(following Rob2e's instructional video). The frustration of not getting it to work was bothering me so I just let it go, I didn't want to bother anyone since I'm such a novice with computers, but your step by step explanations are really what I need.
    Let me know what you think and thanks again for all the hard work you've done.
    Yeah, new/update vids is one of the things on my list. I use Teamspeak (if you go onto the FG-Con Teamspeak Server you'll see both my campaigns listed) - I don't use and don't like Discord, because I can never get it to work for me (both with FG? and outside of FG?). I've never had any problem with Teamspeak and all the sounds you here if you watch one of my Twitch Streams or watch one of my game vides on YouTude (search for "Dulux-Oz" if you're interested) are all streamed through Teamspeak (I get one of my players to do the actual recordings, so the vids show his point of view and I don't have too much bandwisth being eaten up). I connect to Teamspeak with two channels (voice and sounds) and each of my players connect with a single (voice) channel. My videograher simply plays the game and OBS' the stream to my Twitch Channel (as well as saving a local copy). Then, after the game I grab the local copy, do a bit of post-production (if necessary) and post the vid to YouTube.

Sorry, I got carried away - but yes, I do plan on doing some vids - it'll just be a while. In the meantime, perhaps someone (including me) might be able to "sit down" and walk you throiug a set up?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thread Information